• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Mondays Pepper Feast (Failure)

well monday I decided to have a pepper feast with my g/f.
I consisted of Jalapeno and Habanero snacks and stuffed Anaheims.
The Anaheims were good,they were stuffed with an onion,
red bell pepper,mushrooms,shrimp,garlic and seasoned breadcrumbs
all chopped and stuffed inside. Now the other Snacks well
they were a huge failure & disappointment :( My g/f has Multiple Sclerosis and her Diet consistes of fat free cheeses and etc
so the snacks were rather bland.I just went crazy with the toppings some had cheese onions shrooms some shrimp and shrooms some red pepper onions cheese etc. And the Habs well
Yowwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeee broke out the milk and bread :lol:
here are a before and after shot
feast.jpg

feast1.jpg

Doesn't look bad to me at all! Of course, fat free cheese isn't the most tastiest of them all, but I think it's great that you are caring about your gf's diet and even eat the same. A lot of guys would've prepared some special pods with fatty cheese etc. to have while she's eating the not so good ones.....

Thanks Chiliac
I cook for her all the time.I love to cook so its actually fun for me.:) Now if I could get her into Chili Peppers like I am (she had 1 Jalapeno snack and ate the Anaheims and the stuffing) that would be a bonus.:lol:

It didn't take long to get you hooked! Not everybody is such a born addict! :)

Give her some time and she'll beg for her fix!

Well, I wish I had great wisdom here...but I don't.
Kudos for trying, and much good favor in the future, eh?

a failure in your eyes maybe but did ms g/f enjoy your feast? maybe next time try to make peppers a bit less prominent in the meal or try to combine it with her favourite foods. good on you for giving it a go - I bet those grilled habs were fun!

Chiliman yes G/F liked the stuffed Anaheims but not the snacks. I called it a failure because that cheese ugh yuck.
Next time maybe I will look for another brand of fat free cheese
or maybe (if they have it) a fat free nacho cheese.the fat free cheddar was like chewing on a gob of goo :lol: as far as the Habs well there is still 1 left in the fridge :lol: damn thing kicked my a** :lol:

Maybe you got the one-outta-ten-extra-hottie???

Sth like that happened to my yesterday. A mate asked me for one pod to spice up his pasta sauce "a little" (!). I gave him one pod of a really mild variety (good taste, almost no heat) and he said, one big pot of sauce turned out too hot. Shit happens! :)

You don't need to stuff them all, do you? You can use little pieces of it to perk up lame food etc... :)

Most people out there couldn't even stand taking a small bite of a Hab - so take it easy! :)

Back