• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Monster Plants

I wanted to share a story about one of the greatest northern California growers who was ever into the gardening business. What he did was dig a 6x6 and 6 foot deep hole and filled it with the finest soil and nutrients imaginable. Being in Northern California with snow and what not, he heated the space with wood. He would spend a few hours gathering twigs and chain saw fallen trees. Built a greenhouse around this plot. During the winter month with the wood stove going in his greenhouse he strung led lights around the plant along with a strict lighting schedule, to included high pressure sodium lights and metal halide. This went on for 3 years with one plant. The plant reached a height of 20-25 feet and had a base stem the size of about 2 feet round. Unfortunately he was arrested for growing that plant.  Think big when you are growing, use your resources, and think out of the box. You can keep a pepper plant going for years.

solid7 said:
That's a great story... but sounds like a Texas size tall tale.
Pictures of that plant, or it didn't happen.

cannabis%20tree-print.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

Wait...  I need to see a picture of the greenhouse that fits around the 6X6 hole, and reaches into the sky like a crystal tower. :snooty:

"Fee, fi, foo, fum..."

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

I can definitely recognise that guy's engineering accomplishments, but I don't appreciate the way he's flicking me off.

That's just his mating call, you'll be fine.

:dance:

There is a picture on this site of a plant from Australia that was MASSIVE.  I will see if I can dig it up.
And that youtube one really isnt that big yet.

Back