• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Monster Plants

You can always top the plant to get it to bush out. Wouldn't want anyone falling off a ladder. I do remember him being an advocate of guano teas. Bats basically poop 2 different forms, there are fruit eating bat and insect eating bats. The guano from insect eating bats are used during the growth phase, the fruit eating bats produce guano that is beneficial during the flowering phase. I will look up the npk differences.

Looks like the insect eating bats have a 8-10 nitrogen rating, the fruit eating bats, have a high p rating with very low n and k rating. Also used a lot of molasses in brewing the teas. I use a sterilized mason jar to brew the teas with an air stone attached to a pump. I started late in the season on the seeds, so hopefully I can create the optimal environment. Sun is a plenty here.

Love this.  People around here don't believe me when I tell them my ghost plant is 7-7.5'.  They are a pain to carry in and out the house every year though.  this will be their last year though, tall and skinny doesn't make for much production from what I've experienced.

This rocoto plant I grew last year grew well over 7 feet. Here is a pic about 3 weeks before I pruned it back to OW last Fall. It's growing a lot more out than up this year for some reason, but it is already about 5 feet. That is a 6 foot tomato cage for scale BTW.

Attachments

• post-11500-0-14873700-1443583073.jpg
    post-11500-0-14873700-1443583073.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 46
Thegreenchilemonster said:
This rocoto plant I grew last year grew well over 7 feet. Here is a pic about 3 weeks before I pruned it back to OW last Fall. It's growing a lot more out than up this year for some reason, but it is already about 5 feet. That is a 6 foot tomato cage for scale BTW.
Pics, or it didn't... oh...

Back