• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

More new ink today

Got another new tat today I want to show off. You can't see it as well since it's so fresh, but it's black on the top and bottom and fades into blue in the center of the letters. The blue will stand out much more after it's healed. The guy said once it heals he'll go over it again for free to brighten up the blue if need be. These things are so addicting, so far all of mine have been done in pairs cause of it, I get one then end up getting a second one a couple weeks later. This time it's been 3 in 2 months though.

tmv3.jpg

This is the first of this series from 2 months ago:

aaaaa.jpg

It's from one of my 2 all time favorite movies, The Fifth Element. My other favorite being Lord of War, BTW.

close, it's TMV, for The Mars Volta. It's a progressive band formed by Cedric and Omar formerly of At The Drive-In. Most people probably aren't familiar with either one though.

Thanatopsis said:
close, it's TMV, for The Mars Volta. It's a progressive band formed by Cedric and Omar formerly of At The Drive-In. Most people probably aren't familiar with either one though.
LOL oh come on give us some credit. Know both. They're not that obscure. TMV gets a lot of play up here, especially on WSOU.

thehotpepper.com said:
LOL oh come on give us some credit. Know both. They're not that obscure. TMV gets a lot of play up here, especially on WSOU.

And WSOU is the shizznit too. Thats one thing i definitely miss from living in New Jersey.

Sickmont said:
And WSOU is the shizznit too. Thats one thing i definitely miss from living in New Jersey.
Hells yeah, they play real music 24/7... You can stream it, but I guess that doesn't help in the car ;)

thehotpepper.com said:

Plenty of people I ask have no idea who they are. I've never heard either on the radio before. Do they edit shit down, only play their short songs or would they actually play something like Cassandra Gemini, which is almost 32 min long?

I don't know I don't really follow them too much, but The Mars Volta is (or was, haven't listened to the radio in a couple years honestly) played a lot. Probably more since they won a Grammy (link), but even before that... Frances The Mute was played to death (mostly college radio). They're not my favorite or anything, but stations that play them play the cool sh&t.

Wow, I'm surprised that out of any album they chose Frances the Mute to play. Since other than The Widow, its approximately 3 13 minute songs and 1 32 minute song, not the most radio friendly thing. Unless they just butchered them to a conformable length.

Back