• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Morich Seedling?

I received seeds from my brother in law so I am not sure what strand they are. All I know if he ordered the plants last year from EBAY. He said they were from an Indian strand. The peppers looked like Naga Morich but I am not positive. Can anyone help identify these seedlings. Thanks in advance for your help.

Scott
l_877b5687c945dca6ee2aa9936dfe68b6.jpg

l_0f210d86ebe8a3f496f39d8d1d8eea18.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry, but ID'ing a seedling is way out of my range of expertise. Post a picture of a ripe pod and I can give it a shot!

Nah, it's far too early. You can't tell for sure until you have actual pods, but as soon as you have a second or third pair of actual leaves it's possible to at least narrow the possibilities.

Be patient and wait for the good things to come! atm they look a bit too purple to me to be Nagas, but that may be due to a lot of things and shouldn't worry you a bit.

chuk hell said:
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry, but ID'ing a seedling is way out of my range of expertise. Post a picture of a ripe pod and I can give it a shot!

You were faster! Sorry, considering myself seconding you!

Doubt this will help but...

Here is a picture of a dried version of the pepper from which the seeds came from. Thanks for the help:)

m_f99f3161915e1978be44ebffab54b32f.jpg

srfulton77 said:
Here is a picture of a dried version of the pepper from which the seeds came from. Thanks for the help:)

Hmmm, Could very well be some Naga/bhut/jolukia/morich type. I bet it's hot!

Good luck with the plants and keep us posted!

srfulton77 said:

m_f99f3161915e1978be44ebffab54b32f.jpg

Looks very interesting. Almost like the missing link between the Nagas and superhot Carribean varieties.

Back