• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

sun Morning sun or evening sun?

OK, thanks for the answer.... I thought maybe it made it easier to keep and eye on your soil or something...LOL wasn't really sure what was up with it..

If you are hardening off, morning sun is better that afternoon. It seems to be less intense for lack of a better scientific explanation. However; the pepper bed, the final spot for this whole exercise receives sunlight all day long. Here in the north country and especially for you farther north yet we do not run the risk of extended periods of very high daytime temps, high humidity combined with intense sunlight as in other climates and locales. I have had zero problems with all day sun. I have another garden bed that receives about six hours of full sun per day. Did a comparison two years ago and the yield from this spot was signicantly reduced compared to the full sun area. Chile peppers are tropical plants (especially super hots) and I try to replicate as best as I can those conditions. Just my two cents!!

I would have to say that from being a beach bum and tanning, the 5pm sun is definately hotter and thats what I call "prime time" for tanning! I suppose you could apply this to plants.. or you could just use it as a guide when to get your bikini on :o)

xo

Back