• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Moruga Scorpions... don't hurt me

I need to agree with the poster who said that these do not look like peppers, At any point, did you see 2 leaves at the same time on the same stalk??

I need to agree with the poster who said that these do not look like peppers, At any point, did you see 2 leaves at the same time on the same stalk??

Whatever they were, they're outside on the snow now. I'm letting my seeding tray dry out after a mild bleaching (and of course thorough rinsing) like someone suggested. Now can someone tell me if regular organic potting soil from a garden store will work? Or what can I find at home depot this time of year? I assume not much.

I'm just learning the pepper growing ropes and I'm loving the texture of those coir pellets and about a 50/50 blend of coir and perilite. Good to know Petsmart is a source. I have not found it locally at the most likely places.

All you need is a Jiffy tray like the one below Miracle Grow seed starter mix, your light and heat pad, a small fan a couple weeks after they pop and your good to go.......Good Luck and Grow Happy!

IMG_0103.jpg

N-hexane, Nature does not use anything special i.e. heat pad, special seed starting mix, cfl lights or some magic fertilizer ....

Keep it simple.. Grab your choice of seed starter mix, get it wet and squeeze out the excess, put it in your pots of choice or even solo cups, and keep in a warm place until they sprout. If you don't have a clear dome to put over them to help with humidity, get some saran wrap and place over your pot or cup. Once they sprout, put in front of a window.

You are going to get a million different recommendations on here on what to use etc etc. Like i said keep it simple. Once you get the hang of it then you can taylor your grow how you want or use some of our suggestions. The main thing is to have fun growing and not worrying about this and that...

I am pretty new to all of this too and once I grasped the keep it simple, it made it that much more enjoyable!

N-hexane, Nature does not use anything special i.e. heat pad, special seed starting mix, cfl lights or some magic fertilizer ....

Keep it simple.. Grab your choice of seed starter mix, get it wet and squeeze out the excess, put it in your pots of choice or even solo cups, and keep in a warm place until they sprout. If you don't have a clear dome to put over them to help with humidity, get some saran wrap and place over your pot or cup. Once they sprout, put in front of a window.

You are going to get a million different recommendations on here on what to use etc etc. Like i said keep it simple. Once you get the hang of it then you can taylor your grow how you want or use some of our suggestions. The main thing is to have fun growing and not worrying about this and that...

I am pretty new to all of this too and once I grasped the keep it simple, it made it that much more enjoyable!

He is in the FROZEN TUNDRA he will need some lights and heat we here in FL are lucky

When can I transfer them outside, or should I never do that in Minnesota? And when should I put the seeds in the starter tray to get perfect timing so once it starts cooling off again, I have fully grown plants?

When can I transfer them outside, or should I never do that in Minnesota? And when should I put the seeds in the starter tray to get perfect timing so once it starts cooling off again, I have fully grown plants?

Your outside temps should be above 50 at night before thinking of putting outside.

So what do we think of my second attempt?

THIS WAS JUST WATERED A FEW SECONDS BEFORE I TOOK THE PICTURE. THE MIRACLE GROW SEED STARTER WAS EXTREMELY DRY. The moisture goes barely surface-deep.

edit: more recent, water has been absorbed. still doesn't look this wet IRL

So what do we think of my second attempt?

THIS WAS JUST WATERED A FEW SECONDS BEFORE I TOOK THE PICTURE. THE MIRACLE GROW SEED STARTER WAS EXTREMELY DRY. The moisture goes barely surface-deep.

edit: more recent, water has been absorbed. still doesn't look this wet IRL

Best way to do it is to put your potting mix is a small bucket or bowl and wet it all at once.. then kinda squeeze out some of the excess water so its not dripping. The potting mix will hold moisture for a long time. After that then you can put your mix into each cell, pot or tray etc. I like to go by feel of the grow mediums wetness. Then tuck your seeds in.

Just roll with what you got and get them babies germinating!

What exactly do you do to get the peppers to maximum hotness? The wiki article says runoff from worm farms or something like that. I know they can range from barely above a habanero to hottest in the world.

Back