• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Mosquitos, whay spray do you use?

I must stink cause they stay away from me!! :lol:
But I use 90% deet on my kid! They sell it at sporting goods stores!
Most places have the crappy 15% stuff !!

But,, I have heard quite a few people say that Listerine keeps em away!!

Kevin

I must stink cause they stay away from me!! :lol:
But I use 90% deet on my kid! They sell it at sporting goods stores!
Most places have the crappy 15% stuff !!

But,, I have heard quite a few people say that Listerine keeps em away!!

Kevin

Well you ought to know bein a georgia boy, they ate through me on monday covered in off.

Never done sny piggin, something i have always wanted to do though. Do they have that aweful aeroguard in the states?

rags dipped in kerosene and tied around your ankles should work... :rofl:

mosquitos love my blood, i could stand in a large, empty concrete parking lot and the little suckers will appear out of nowhere with suckers out and aimed directly at me.

i have to keep a small bottle of OFF with me or handy. keeping my lawn grass short helps also.

If you have Basil growing in your garden you can take some fresh basil and boil it down in some water and strain off the leaves and put that in a spray bottle. All natural bug repelant as used by the American Indian. ;)

If you have Basil growing in your garden you can take some fresh basil and boil it down in some water and strain off the leaves and put that in a spray bottle. All natural bug repelant as used by the American Indian. ;)

Cap I've got a citronella plant but they aren't phased by it. Should I try to boil those leaves, maybe combined with basil.

From 28 years in Alaska...100% Deet. The next best thing is Buhach. Take a tablespoon, roll it up in a single sheet of tp, light it on fire, let it smolder in a tin can. Skeets literally fall like rain.

They are a very minor nuisance to me and there are plenty where I live! I have not used a spray or cream in the last 10 years, but I eat a well balanced diet. I have noticed that
people with diabetes, sickly, or on a unbalanced diet, seem to be like a lightening rod to the suckers!

Back