• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Motorcycle expo...... (lots of big pics)

I made it to the Sydney Motorcycle expo over the weekend and I still have a grin from ear to ear.......

Their was so much to see and do, and I had a great time. I was disappointed that I had to leave at the end of the day and Then the realisation struck that I can't afford any of the gear i was sitting on. Boo Hoo.....

New model of my bike (Yamaha V-Star xvs1300a). The only thing that's changed in 2 years is the graphics on the tank.
SydneyMotorcycleshow09040.jpg

My dream bike in a cruiser (Yamaha 1900cc Roadliner). This bike is so god damn sexy......
SydneyMotorcycleshow09038.jpg

The new Yamaha R1...
SydneyMotorcycleshow09037.jpg

My dream cruiser and my current model together
SydneyMotorcycleshow09041.jpg

Triumph
SydneyMotorcycleshow09050.jpg

My dream sport/touring bike (Sprint ST)
SydneyMotorcycleshow09053.jpg

SydneyMotorcycleshow09054.jpg

This is the Suzuki GFS650 Gladuis (My g/f is looking to get it to learn on and I personally love the look of it as well)
SydneyMotorcycleshow09051.jpg

The BMW - BMW didn't have any of there touring bikes set up which was very disappointing.

SydneyMotorcycleshow09063.jpg

SydneyMotorcycleshow09064.jpg

Suzuki GSXR 1000
SydneyMotorcycleshow09020.jpg

Suzuki race bike
SydneyMotorcycleshow09019.jpg

Now I KNOW you had fun! I was drooling all over myself looking at those bikes and yep, I would have been feeling a little disappointed leaving there too since I don't have any $$ for those toys.

DickT said:
do they have the helmet law in OZ??? I drink to much to own a bike..

Yeah, it's law to wear an Australian standard rated and approved helmet in Australia. And I have heard on the grape vine that a manatory motorcycle clothing law may be coming out as well?? Not sure if the rumor is true but heaps of people were talking about it at the show.

And to finish off.....

Lots of bikes rode to the show.....

North view
SydneyMotorcycleshow09065.jpg

South view
SydneyMotorcycleshow09066.jpg

It was close to 40 degrees C with strong very hot winds so these people are committed...

JayT said:
Moyboy, here in the US, Harley Davidson is King, by a mile. What's it like over there?

Over here you buy a harley for the name and that's it.......

It is considered in many cicles that if you own a harley then you also need to own a ute/trailer to tow it around in cause they are always breaking down!!!!!

I personally wouldn't buy a harley because you are paying alot more money for just the name and the quality isn't there!!!

I wouldn't say that to a bikie but it's true...:lol:

I could be talked into a Hayabusa :) but since I ride with the missus I wouldn't mind the new Kawasaki 1700 Voyager.
2009-vulcan-voyager-1700-1.jpg

moyboy said:
It is considered in many cicles that if you own a harley then you also need to own a ute/trailer to tow it around in cause they are always breaking down!!!!!

I personally wouldn't buy a harley because you are paying alot more money for just the name and the quality isn't there!!!

I'd have to say that is true for the older models; however the new ones get a good wrap for reliability. They are still expensive though compared to the Japanese options.

I went to Bikes, Blues and Bar-B-Q back in Sept - a friend of mine's band was playing down on Dixon street - saw a ton of killer bikes

caught a very decent buzz too

LordViykor said:
I could be talked into a Hayabusa :) but since I ride with the missus I wouldn't mind the new Kawasaki 1700 Voyager.
2009-vulcan-voyager-1700-1.jpg

I'd have to say that is true for the older models; however the new ones get a good wrap for reliability. They are still expensive though compared to the Japanese options.

You are right on both accounts, they are most likely more reliable these days but they are still fair to expensive for what they are in my opinion....

Novacastrian said:
Where are all the Buells?

They weren't at the show this year???

I did notice a major cut back this year in regards to hand outs.....Last year I came home with a 2 foot by 2 foot bag full of stickers, magazines, catalogues, posters etc.......But this year, the same bag had maybe 2 small stickers and one small poster and that was basically it.......I was very disappointed..:(

Thanks for sharing that Moy. I bet you still had a ball even with the diminished goodies you brought home. Nice to see so many bike enthusiasts here. You are getting into the start of your riding season right? I am dreading putting my bike into hibernation for the winter. I had a pretty serious accident on her in 06 and after putting the bike and myself back together I hate that time of year that it's not feasible to ride much. Anyway, have a great time riding and watch out for everyone else Moy....cause they probably aren't watching for you.

JohnJBurfurkle said:
Thanks for sharing that Moy. I bet you still had a ball even with the diminished goodies you brought home. Nice to see so many bike enthusiasts here. You are getting into the start of your riding season right? I am dreading putting my bike into hibernation for the winter. I had a pretty serious accident on her in 06 and after putting the bike and myself back together I hate that time of year that it's not feasible to ride much. Anyway, have a great time riding and watch out for everyone else Moy....cause they probably aren't watching for you.

Yeah I had a pretty bad accident in 05 and it made me a little more aware of the fact that i'm not immortal...:lol:

For most of Australia, riding season is all year round, but summer can get a little uncomfortable on the really hot days, but other than that I rode all year round without a drama..:D

chilehunter said:
cool bikes, if you're a bike person.
moy - we all know your bike was the 4th on the left in the north view :lol:

:rofl:

Actually I traded my cruiser in for one of these......The colour makes my eyes sparkle...:lol:

SydneyMotorcycleshow09014.jpg

Back