• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

moved 'em outside!

Alright, after all your guys' great feedback, i put a few of my pepper plants into some 5 gallon buckets with great soil, and then i moved the rest out into the garden bc they were hardening off quite well and after finding out how crappy that Organic Choice was, I wanted to get them outta there!!! Ok, my soil is pretty good in the garden, and added some chicken crap to add to it, put them in the garden 2 days ago and they show no sign of wilting, so i think they made it! Question though, i got little tiny flies messin around in the dirt after that added manure. They are really small, and they arent aphids or mites they are just little flies. Should i worry? Or should they not bother the plants?

the outside grow is a non sterile environment

you will need to learn to tolerate some amount of bugfestations

or you can go :crazy: and broke fighting all comers

we love pictures like you do :eek:

So then Miracle Gro Organic Choice is bad? That may explain why my Bhut is growing so slowly. Is there any way to fix it besides getting different soil or should I just buy some new soil? Because I used 2 bags Miracle Grow cactus and desert plant mix and 2 bags organic choice.

So then Miracle Gro Organic Choice is bad? That may explain why my Bhut is growing so slowly. Is there any way to fix it besides getting different soil or should I just buy some new soil? Because I used 2 bags Miracle Grow cactus and desert plant mix and 2 bags organic choice.
Results may vary but i've read quite a few posts where people claim their plants have stunted growth, fungus gnats, or begin yellowing from miracle gro organic choice.

I'd get rid of it and pick up something proven like Pro-Mix or Fox Farms, i wouldn't take a chance on mystery potting soil though unless a nursery grower vouches for it.

Results may vary but i've read quite a few posts where people claim their plants have stunted growth, fungus gnats, or begin yellowing from miracle gro organic choice.

I'd get rid of it and pick up something proven like Pro-Mix or Fox Farms, i wouldn't take a chance on mystery potting soil though unless a nursery grower vouches for it.

+1 for promix

Miracle Grow Organic is awful. Highly recommend avoiding it. I don't know what's in that stuff, but my experience is absolutely terrible trying to grow peppers in it. I'd rather grow peppers in Home Depot topsoil for $1.50 a bag, if I had to. I wouldn't use Organic if they gave it to me for free and delivered it into my garden beds. The regular Miracle Grow is not nearly as bad as the Organic.

+4 for Pro Mix. I use it exclusively now.

Miracle Grow Organic is awful. Highly recommend avoiding it. I don't know what's in that stuff, but my experience is absolutely terrible trying to grow peppers in it. I'd rather grow peppers in Home Depot topsoil for $1.50 a bag, if I had to. I wouldn't use Organic if they gave it to me for free and delivered it into my garden beds. The regular Miracle Grow is not nearly as bad as the Organic.

+4 for Pro Mix. I use it exclusively now.

ALright, I will transplant to pro-mix this weekend. Sorry for threadjacking.

Back