• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

MrOneEyedBoh's Grow Log!!

I thought that I would start a grow log since I have been asking sOO many questions. I guess you guys can then see that I'm making progress somewhat. :lol: Anyway, I will post pictures mainly and some questions ( I'm sure I'll have a few ) on thing that wonder me.

Here are the first few they are only habs and Bhut jolokias, as I'm waiting for other types of pepper seeds to come in the mail. These were pretty much all started as seeds on 1/1/08 they popped out of their seeds ( first root ) on 1/6/08. So 9 days later, here they are. Also keep in mind that these are being grown in a grow box with 12 CFLs and 4 18" Fluoro tubes. I have a mixed spectrum of both 2700k ( I think ) and 6500k.
Temps are around 82-90 during the day with the lights on and at night NO lower than 60-55 being the ABSOLUTE lowest.

( I just realized that I spelled Habanero wrong... It has an "a" instead of an "o".. oops )

Group so far ( expecting about 8 more plants.. waiting for seeds )

My bhut that needed his hat taken off. His was the hardest, the hab that I did looks all good.

Habs on the top and bhuts on the bottom. Bhuts I put only one per bottle, habs are 4. I will pick the best looking one and pull the others.

- - - more on next post

On the right side of the picture are the two ore Bhuts and the left are the habs.

To me they are looking alright, but how come some of the leaves are kinda sloped out and not sloped up like some of the other ones?

MrOneEyedBoh said:
These were pretty much all started as seeds on 1/1/08 they popped out of their seeds ( first root ) on 1/6/08. So 9 days later, here they are.

You sure about the dates? This is 2009! :lol:

Just giving you a hard time - that's a good sprout time and they look good.

Mike

I just got some potting soil - a bunch of seeds are in the mail. But at least I can sow another group of Bhuts as well as my Cayennes and then wait patiently for the other 3,000 seeds to arrive!

Mike

yeah same thing. Im just growing a bit of bhuts now. but I just got seeds in. So I'm starting some Jamaican hot chocolates, Peter reds, and 7 pots :D haha

so it should be good.

looking good oneeyed. a bunch of my seedlings are doing the same leaf curling thing so I wouldnt worry about it.

Thanks. Yeah I was worried. what is the MAX temp my grow box can get? I'm going to install a fan at the top to extract the heat from the bulbs, the fan should be here tomorrow.

Also, I hope to have that ( my grow box, its 2x2x2 ) box filled up with seedlings... How long can I keep them in solo cups? They are in those cut water bottles for now, so I guess how long can I keep them in the water bottles that they are in now?

Nice dude. I started a lot on Jan 1st as well, so this will be fun to watch. Hope all those damned questions pay off lol.

It's exciting though huh, nothing quite like watching seeds you start grow into plants.

Good luck dude.

MrOneEyedBoh said:
Also, I hope to have that ( my grow box, its 2x2x2 ) box filled up with seedlings... How long can I keep them in solo cups? They are in those cut water bottles for now, so I guess how long can I keep them in the water bottles that they are in now?

I kept mine in cups until the middle of May last year and by then they were 7-8" tall or taller. It may mean watering them every five days instead of seven for a couple two or three weeks but wow - did they have a great rootball!

Mike

Brian,

Not sure who your question is directed at but if it me:

Tomatoes:
Green Sausage
Beefsteak
Red Zebra
Golden Monarch
Riesentraube (Cherry)
Roma
Delicious
Siletz (Early)
Verde Tomatillo

Others:
Sikkim Cucumber
Pink Angels Trumpet
Kenaf Hibiscus
Yellow Wonder Wild Strawberries
Red Wonder Wild Strawberries
Indiana Giant Cockscomb
Chinese Red Noodle Green Bean

I've added a filter block to my browser so I cannot view any sites showing seeds or plants!

Mike

Mike,
You're not growing the KBX tomatoe? Really missing out ;)

If you remind me, I'll send you seeds next year ;)

POTAWIE said:
I've heard many great things about the KBX toms. Let us know how they turn out for you Brian

Aren't they supposed to be like the Kellogg's Breakfast tomato?

I keep thinking about growing that one, but I admit to a color bias. I really, really like red and pink tomatoes.

The reviews of the KBX are outstanding and the pictures look great also. Alas, no one seems to sell the seeds, not even tomatogrowers.com or rareseeds.com.

Mike

Back