• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

mt rushmore

if you could make a mt rushmore of hot sauces what would it be??
me it would be
chalula
texas pete
franks
daves ultimate insanity

Man, are some of our fine hot sauce makers on this board gonna eat you up for those choices. (Though I truly love Franks Red Hot Hotter)

Hey, how did you do on Saturday?

1st place show
2nd place freestyle
2nd place casi..missed 1st place by 1 point...go figure.
the weather was great..the wind got up one time for like 2 sec.

yea i figued i would get a little slack about my choices..but thats what i like about this place...get to see others opinion and mabey try some stuff in the future..tina i sent here a check in the mail to get some of her sauce and one of these days i want to get some of defcons stuff.
so my mt rushmore might change.

Congrats! Now for the big show! You are real close to Teringula, sorry that all you'll be able to rangle is second place this weekend, but that'll get you there!

P_Schneider said:
Tobasco Habanero
Tobasco Habanero :roll: . Whimpy bad ichy. I have no respect for anything Tobasco brand. Too much vinager, not nearly enough pepper...bah!

Sorry, just complaining... 😉

Tabasco (Green)
Golden Toad Chipotle Pepper Sauce
Danny Cash Bottled Up Anger
Defcon #2 Wing Sauce

I just made a Buffalo Chicken pizza the other night with Defcon #3/#1 - FANTASTIC!!!

imaguitargod][quote=P_Schneider said:
Tobasco Habanero
Tobasco Habanero :roll: . Whimpy bad ichy. I have no respect for anything Tobasco brand. Too much vinager, not nearly enough pepper...bah!

Sorry, just complaining... 😉[/quote]

Dont knoock it until you try it.

If our Mt. Rushmore are sauces, like the presidents that are carved there, that are icons/major players in the industry, then I would list these four:

Tabasco (original)
Dave's Insanity Sauce
Blair's Original Death Sauce
Cholula

You could make a case for Cajohn's sauces, but no single one seems to predominate over the others.

If this ol' mountain is merely your top 4, then I'd have to re-carve mine all the time. :)

- Joe

P_Schneider][quote=imaguitargod][quote=P_Schneider said:
Tobasco Habanero

Dont knoock it until you try it.[/quote]
I've tried it, and I'm "Knoock"ing it. 😉

bubbaschili said:
me it would be
chalula
texas pete
franks
daves ultimate insanity

One of those will change when the Fusion Fire arrives. I just know it.

T

LinNJoe said:
If our Mt. Rushmore are sauces, like the presidents that are carved there, that are icons/major players in the industry, then I would list these four:

Tabasco (original)
Dave's Insanity Sauce
Cholula

You could make a case for Cajohn's sauces, but no single one seems to predominate over the others.

If this ol' mountain is merely your top 4, then I'd have to re-carve mine all the time. :)

- Joe

Could I make a case of mine???

Throw the tobasco in the dumpster and add Sri-racha (sic?). The best multi-purpose sauce I've ever used. Coat any meat or meat by-product with it and put it in a pan or broil it in the oven. Hot, carmelized, goodness!!

bubbaschili said:
me it would be
chalula
texas pete
franks
daves ultimate insanity
=================================
My current favorites (largely due to availability and cost...I am, after all, a poor college student...albeit a 43 year old one..):

Matouk's Picante Pepper Sauce
Walkerswood Scotch Bonnet Sauce
Big S Farms Tennessee Mountain Green.
Big S Farms Tennessee Lightning

All four are great sauces.

All time favorites?

Kato's Down South Hot Sauce
Peppermaster Hurricane Mash.
Madame Jeanette Sauce by Hot Delight (Aruba)
Any Matouk's product.

imaguitargod][quote=P_Schneider][quote=imaguitargod][quote=P_Schneider said:
Tobasco Habanero

Dont knoock it until you try it.[/quote]
I've tried it, and I'm "Knoock"ing it. 😉[/quote]

Hehe, I love the stuff even if I can't type first thing in the morning. That and the Rooster sauce are my daily staples.

LinNJoe said:

Tabasco (original)
Dave's Insanity Sauce
Cholula

If this ol' mountain is merely your top 4, then I'd have to re-carve mine all the time. ;)

- Joe

Joe,

Try CaJohns TALON - my number one. Hottest non-extract I have ever tried.

huvason said:
LinNJoe said:

Tabasco (original)
Dave's Insanity Sauce
Cholula

If this ol' mountain is merely your top 4, then I'd have to re-carve mine all the time. ;)

- Joe

Joe,

Amen Huv!!! I'm currently torn between Talon and Fatalii Fire..CaJohn and Wanza done got me hooked!! ;)

Cap'n Bones said:
huvason said:
LinNJoe said:

Tabasco (original)
Dave's Insanity Sauce
Cholula

- Joe

Joe,

Amen Huv!!! I'm currently torn between Talon and Fatalii Fire..CaJohn and Wanza done got me hooked!! ;)

I have a bottle of Fatalii fire that I have yet to open - next on my list! Jump over to the HSB (hotsauceblog), and checkout my TALON review. Absolutely my favorite sauce. I am doing a TALON Pizza - no sauce just PURE TALON! SHould be a burner!!!!!!!

Love the stuff!

Back