• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Musky's twenty twelve

Well, I finally started my first 284 cells today. 3 days earlier than I planted last year.

Here is a list of what is planted so far:

1. 7 Pot Barrackpore (me) x11
2. 7 Pot Brain (me) x9
3. 7 Pot Douglah (me) x21
4. 7 Pot Douglah (HC) x4
5. 7 Pot Jonah (Sean) x5
6. 7 Pot Jonah (HC) x5
7. 7 Pot Primo (Sean) x6
8. 7 Pot Primo (Tonly) x4
9. 7 Pot Primo (Chris) x6
10. 7 Pot Red (me) x7
11. 7 Pot White (Sean) x7
12. 7 Pot Yellow (me) x12
13. Bhut Jolokia (MWCH) x6
14. Bhut Jolokia Chocolate (me) x14
15. Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon (me) x15
16. Bhut Jolokia Peach (Sean) x6
17. Bhut Jolokia Purple (Sean) x8
18. Chiltepin (RTF) x6
19. Datil (Datil Patch) x5
20. Dorset Naga (me) x12
21. Fatalii (me) x9
22. Manzano Orange (MWCH) x6
23. Manzano Orange (Nitwit) x6
24. Trinidad Scotch Bonnet (Trinidad) x12
25. Red Savina Hab (MWCH) x7
26. TS Butch T (Judy) x17
27. TS Butch T (Sean) x9
28. TS Red (me) x12
29. TS Chocolate (Chris) x9
30. TS Morouga Blend (Tonly) x9
31. TS Yellow (me) x9
32. White Bullet Hab (me) x6

I number each variety so I can just write the numbers on my tags, instead of writing all the full names and sources...

And yes, I will get some pics up tomorrow. :halo:

sorry about the mucking ape hids

please try to nuke em till they glow and put them in the greenhouse?

maybe a little neem loving?

Thanks. I gave em a good douse of AzaMax. It will be a while before the greenhouse thaws out. Still frozen solid, but I might put em out there anyway if I see any more bugs.

Very amazing results - the seedling forest looks awesome,
not to mention the overwinters waking up!
Did you ever add in a 2700K light?

very nice variety. did you have to use heat mats in your grow- room to germinate or were the lights enough? looking forward to following your grow- log.

very nice variety. did you have to use heat mats in your grow- room to germinate or were the lights enough? looking forward to following your grow- log.

Thanks.
Nope, no heat mats or lights. Just the temp of the room was enough, which was great.

And thanks for reminding me about my glog. I've been meaning to update it, but crazy busy lately. I can't believe how long it's been since I updated it! I'll try to get some pics up this week.

Okay, it's been a little longer than a week, :confused: but time for an update.

I've been in Canada fishing for the past few weeks, and my gardens got a little out of control while I was gone.

This is my garden at home, which I spent a whole day trying to tame before we had a bbq yesterday. The greenhouse is all superhots, and the outdoor garden is mosty maters and other stuff with more hot peppers.
canada-andgarden184.jpg

Some rows of maters and more hot peppers
canada-andgarden182.jpg

And this is the pepper garden I have at my mom's place. There is 72 superhots in this one, along with 6 manzanos, and a handful of other stuff. I still need to get it under control, because it kind of got away from me since I seen it last. That's a 3' fence for comparison
canada-andgarden178.jpg

Another view. There's plastic mulch in there somewhere, but it's hard to tell
canada-andgarden168.jpg

And this is a musky hook stuck in my wife's finger. She wanted to release her own fish, but the fish ended up hooking her and releasing itself. :shocked: Ouch!
canada-andgarden122.jpg

Yes it is. The plant on the bottom right is Dorset Naga, and the one on the left is Barrackpore.

I just didn't have time to take more pics today. I will be getting some pod pics up in the next couple of days though.

That muskie hook is dug in deep! She is a trooper letting you take a photo of it. My wife would have gotten freaked out and cried. Then again, the only fishing she is willing to do is going to buy it down at the local fishmonger's store. You eat or catch and release? Not many people eat muskies and pike these days... not around here anyway.

There was snow flying last time you updated. Do you guys use those seine type release nets where the fish stay in the water? Do people still gaff in the lower lip? I'm sure things have changed over the years. I have been out of Musky fishing for 15 years. I have seen where eveveryone is practicing catch and release now. That is a good thing. We never had a use for them so everything we caught went back. I can still see those pictures of Art Lawton on the St. Lawrence with the whole front end of the boat covered in fish. Grabbing fish with the thumb and middle finger in the eye sockets. Screw the pod pics...post some esox pics!!!

Nice. Any fishing shots. That's Amazon you have there

Thanks. I'll try to get some fishing pics up, but I don't like posting pics of my ugly mug. :lol:

That muskie hook is dug in deep! She is a trooper letting you take a photo of it. My wife would have gotten freaked out and cried. Then again, the only fishing she is willing to do is going to buy it down at the local fishmonger's store. You eat or catch and release? Not many people eat muskies and pike these days... not around here anyway.

I have never kept or killed a musky, and I don't plan on it. I do eat pike sometimes, but mosty walleye and lake trout.
Where in Ontario are you? That's where we were fishing. Lake of the Woods south of Kenora.

There was snow flying last time you updated. Do you guys use those seine type release nets where the fish stay in the water? Do people still gaff in the lower lip? I'm sure things have changed over the years. I have been out of Musky fishing for 15 years. I have seen where eveveryone is practicing catch and release now. That is a good thing. We never had a use for them so everything we caught went back. I can still see those pictures of Art Lawton on the St. Lawrence with the whole front end of the boat covered in fish. Grabbing fish with the thumb and middle finger in the eye sockets. Screw the pod pics...post some esox pics!!!

Yeah, it's been way too long since I updated. I had armyworm issues earlier this season and my plants weren't much to look at (literally).

Yes, I use a cradle sometimes, a regular net sometimes, and sometimes just shake fish off with a pair of pliers if they are not pictue worthy. That's what my wife was attempting when she got hooked. Catch and release is a great thing. The minimum size to keep in the waters I fish is 54" so that helps keep the dumbasses from keeping them too. :)

edit: I did kill a huge turtle by accident though. I hit it with my prop. I thought I hit a log or something, but when I came by later to see what it was I found this.

canada-andgarden156.jpg

canada-andgarden157.jpg

Okay, enough gross pictures. Back to the peppers :lol:

I don't have a whole lot ripe yet, but these are from my garden at home. My other garden is doing much better, but I won't get up there until the weekend.

Barrackpore
2012pods005.jpg

Dorset Naga
2012pods006.jpg

Red 7
2012pods007.jpg

Yellow 7
2012pods008.jpg

Douglah
2012pods009.jpg

Red Scotch Bonnet from Trinidad
2012pods010.jpg

Primo
2012pods011.jpg

Choco Bhut (needs to be potted up)
2012pods012.jpg

Thanks for looking, and sorry for not updating for the past 5+ months.

I promise I'll do better from now on!

Holy tinkle, you're alive! :) Must have been one hell of a fishing trip!!

Everything is looking pretty damn amazing. You have definitely got a nice jungle going on there.

Where did you fish in Canada??

Holy tinkle, you're alive! :) Must have been one hell of a fishing trip!!

Everything is looking pretty damn amazing. You have definitely got a nice jungle going on there.

Where did you fish in Canada??

Yep, still alive an kickin'. Every fishing trip is a good fishing trip (even if there are a few casualties).

Thank you! I was pleasantly surprised to come home to a jungle. :P

We were fishing Lake of the Woods in Ontario. The best place on Earth!

Nice Musky. Ever fish Georgian Bay? Lac Seul (sp) I remember when it was called Lake x. They were trying to be hush hush at that time. I need to get back into that sport. I still have the gear,and boxes of plugs. You ever fish in the fall? That is when we mostly did. Trolling 8 hours in the rain...yay! Not much action but bigger fish. Holy hijack

Back