• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My 2 pepper trees

Looking good! :woohoo:

I used both Floranova grow and Floranova bloom all along the process! Followed the concentration on the bottle except at the end (I put a bit more). We have an amazing summer here in Québec, high temps and a lot of sun.
Some pepper are turning orangish! Oh and the root balls are the size of the container, I'll try getting a picture of it next time I refresh my solution.

Looks like the DWC has worked well for you. Keep it up.... makes me want to see if outdoor DWC would work for my climate. Ive always thought of my hydro as an indoor only endevor.

Wow, looking great! Can you describe your setup? Like bushwack I had indoor only for hydro in mind until I started researching a little bit - I love the use of the 5 gal buckets and am thinking I might go that direction next season...

It's quite simple , for one setup you need
1 x 5gal bucket
1 x net pot (http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-INCH-MESH-NET-POT-CUP-LID-5-GALLON-BUCKET-HYDROPONIC-AEROPONIC-/170881434747)
1 small aquarium air pump (I got mine for 20$ at the pet shop and it can aerate 2 or 3 buckets simultaneously
1 x air stone
some hydroton
hydroponic fertz
a couple feet of air tubbing

I dont recirculate anything, I just put some fertilizer in the bucket and I change the solution every 2 weeks or so. Air stone at bottom of the bucket bubbling. Start the air pump and wait ! Refill the bucket with water every 2-3 days depending on the weather. I hid the air pump under my bbq so it doesnt get under the rain.

It's quite simple , for one setup you need
1 x 5gal bucket
1 x net pot (http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-INCH-MESH-NET-POT-CUP-LID-5-GALLON-BUCKET-HYDROPONIC-AEROPONIC-/170881434747)
1 small aquarium air pump (I got mine for 20$ at the pet shop and it can aerate 2 or 3 buckets simultaneously
1 x air stone
some hydroton
hydroponic fertz
a couple feet of air tubbing

I dont recirculate anything, I just put some fertilizer in the bucket and I change the solution every 2 weeks or so. Air stone at bottom of the bucket bubbling. Start the air pump and wait ! Refill the bucket with water every 2-3 days depending on the weather. I hid the air pump under my bbq so it doesnt get under the rain.

Awesome, thenks for the info! Seems pretty straightforward - what fert are you using?

You have got to be joking! That's what you look like!!
Just buggin lol.
Them some serious trees man. And wicked rootballs. Any plans to overwinter?

They are 5 months old ! I guess I could try overwintering one of em. First time growing peppers so I'm not sure how to overwinter hydroponics... low light, low temps, low ppms I guess ..?

Back