• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My 400w MH Grow Week1

Ok just set this room up. It is in my summer house in the UK (basically a glorified shed)

growroom.jpg

The light is positioned roughly 3ft above the plants.

The timers have been set to 15 hours a day(What would you recommend). A heater comes on 15 mins before the light turns off and stays on for 15 mins after the light turns on.

The light is a Phillips Industria 400w. i bought the light for 60 gbp from a company in germany selling refurbed lights from Cannabis Factories in Holland. I am using a Metal Halide Bulb. But I also have a HPS bulbs for later stages of development.

The plants below are Bhuts, Choc Habs, PC1, Antillaise Carribean and various seedlings in heated props.

I want a clothes rack like yours, great to hang your light on. Nice grow room with light and walls. Do you have a fan? It will stay plenty warm with the MH and heater.

Lol that rack was left here by the previous tenants. But as it slides up and down i thought, "Why not"

I am going to get a small fan at some point. At the moment I am monitoring how much electric is being used.

Wiggy,

At 10¢ per Killowatt Hour, it is costing you about $18/mo. for the light. If your heater uses 400 watts, the cost per month for it is about $10.

HTH,

Mike

wordwiz said:
Wiggy,

At 10¢ per Killowatt Hour, it is costing you about $18/mo. for the light. If your heater uses 400 watts, the cost per month for it is about $10.

HTH,

Mike

I am in England mate and if petrol prices are anything to go by i would say electricity here costs more than in the United States. Don't quote me on that though.

your light seems to be a bit far from the tops of the plants i am not sure if you have a glass on yours or not but you can move like 12inches from the tops or so... my 250mh and 250hps is like 8inches from the top and i have it air cooled also... just my 2cents other wise looking good man!!!:lol:

redeyes said:
your light seems to be a bit far from the tops of the plants i am not sure if you have a glass on yours or not but you can move like 12inches from the tops or so... my 250mh and 250hps is like 8inches from the top and i have it air cooled also... just my 2cents other wise looking good man!!!:lol:

Thanks for the info i will allow the plants a few days to acclimatise then i will move it closer

Back