• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

my advice for new growers (2015)

POST PICTURES!!!! Seriously, when asking for advice, the best advice is to have pics, and all info for what you're doing. Fertz, heat, pH, light, etc. I'm no expert, but I learned a lot on this site, from people's past experiences. PICS HELP!!!

PS, don't ask for a pepper ID on a 2 week seedling either....

hey jedi, not trying to harsh your mellow, but you've been on this site for years like myself. how often do people post topics like "spots on my leaves" or "plants not doing well" with no pics to back it up?

OhioGrown said:
hey jedi, not trying to harsh your mellow, but you've been on this site for years like myself. how often do people post topics like "spots on my leaves" or "plants not doing well" with no pics to back it up?
too much i saying they should pay attention to what they are posting or go back thru the threads before posting.

I'm really ok with it, I skip a lot of the those type questions. I just want people to be able to get their answers. Pics help that immensely. And paying attention, like Jedi stated.

OhioGrown said:
I'm really ok with it, I skip a lot of the those type questions. I just want people to be able to get their answers. Pics help that immensely. And paying attention, like Jedi stated.
I've worked in garden centres, and been asked questions like these. And, as a pepper-newbie, i try to make my questions as meaningfully informative as i can.
It's blunt, but more helpful, when you remind us to ask the right questions, and provide photos (or anything else helpful).

I've been on the giving- and receiving-end of poorly phrased, uninformative queries... and of giving/getting the wrong info as a result. It can be costly. The opinion i'm getting here on this thread isn't offensive to me, it's a friendly heads-up.

Any other pointers on how to post a query would be appreciated.

Back