• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My aerogarden pepper plants at work

Just another update, i trimmed off the main leaves to give room for the shoots to grow so i have a more bushier plant. The original leaves were 8 inches long!

Photo0175.jpg

Here is the plant after trimming. One side shoot is almost the size of the plant now!

Photo0176.jpg

close up

Photo0177.jpg

Another update. Things are going well. I dumped the existing nute solution and filled it with fresh nute solution. This time is 3 flora grow tea spoons / gal + 2 flora micro teaspoons / gal + 2 flora bloom tea spoons / gal. Not sure if it will show any buds any time soon. Maybe in a few months.

Photo0218.jpg

Bad news all, my bhut jolokia at work has died. Probably because of all the trimming. Oh well :rolleyes:, it was a interesting experiment and a longshot. I'll try growing something else now, something more compact, yay! :onfire: :onfire:

Sorry to hear pepperjam, that bhut sure looked healthy Im surprised a few lost leaves did that much, how was the root system when you yanked it out? I wonder if it just " outgrew" the system. Have any ideas one what to try next? Maybe a short wild variety or something like that? Good luck on your next run.

Sorry to hear pepperjam, that bhut sure looked healthy Im surprised a few lost leaves did that much, how was the root system when you yanked it out? I wonder if it just " outgrew" the system. Have any ideas one what to try next? Maybe a short wild variety or something like that? Good luck on your next run.

The system had this wierd smell, maybe the roots were rotting. It was more than a few leaves, i was cutting branches too as they would get too close to the bulb. I think it was too big to grow for such a small system.

Yeah, good luck for sure! Let us know what you're doing next!

Not sure what to do next, maybe a dwarf / container pepper or tomatoes. I'll just continue on this thread on whatever i decide :D

Sorry to hear that man as it looked like a really cool experiment!

Yea, it would have been cool to see bhuts growing at my desk. At least when i get home, i see them growing there, so i get my daily fix :D

Man that was going really good don't give up on the aero or hydroponics!You should look up the waterfarm single bucket system made by general hydroponics has more room for roots and a bigger plant. I grew spinach in one and plan on doing a habanero in it here in a week or so, if you check out my blog below I have some pics.

Have you tried anything else in the aerogro? I recently bought one and set it up at work. I did put a couple of different pepper seeds in it, and they are starting to take off. It's exciting to see the daily changes.

PepperPassion said:
Have you tried anything else in the aerogro? I recently bought one and set it up at work. I did put a couple of different pepper seeds in it, and they are starting to take off. It's exciting to see the daily changes.
I have grown all sort of things in mine, tomatoes, herbs, lettuce and peppers to name a few. I noticed I was able to directly plant straight into dirt and full sun without having to harden off. I have the LED aerogarden. 

12345642_1120902314610160_2145888990628547142_n.jpg

misterbrownstone06 said:
sucks about the bhuts. when I grow some, ill send ya some seeds.
Does anyone know where I can find some DIY Aerogarden Tutorials?
This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but maybe something else you would find interesting:
This guy! 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I have grown all sort of things in mine, tomatoes, herbs, lettuce and peppers to name a few. I noticed I was able to directly plant straight into dirt and full sun without having to harden off. I have the LED aerogarden. 

12345642_1120902314610160_2145888990628547142_n.jpg
Really.. a few of mine have gone into shock mode

Back