• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

My Beef with e-mails

I have alot of dear friends but what gets me is these emails you have to forward to get lets say good luck....that drives me nuts..I hate getting those e-mails...you forward you get 7 years good luck lol.........sorry im on a rant on this cuz it wont stop.......

I used to let it get me, too! Now I just see what it is and hit delete. I figure they aren't sending that crap to be malicious and at least they are actually thinking about me, so all is well :)

It still gets old real fast though :(

I find it a good indication for who of my friends doesn't live in the real world. Also it tells me that these ppl have absolutely no idea of who i am. No one i've ever met in person would dream of sending me such trash.
There must be a certain thrill in passing your email address along to complete strangers that i'm not seeing :lol:
o.k ...now who mentioned ranting :think:

Agreed. Anyone who gets joy from, or who believes that something in the real world will occur from, sending on an e-mail of a sea lion or rainbow bright or some other such nonsense is probably: not too inteligent, gullable, doesn't have enough to do, and (as mentioned) is not grounded in the real world.

If you sent it to 34 people all that will happen is you get it back times 34. You know the old saying THE BUCK STOPS HERE. Well the Spam stops at the delete button use it.
Dan

LET IT BURN

Spam e-mail? You get it? It must be rough.

J/K. I have to put my e-mail address out for people to see and I can tell you a bit about spam. I have a trash filter (some messages from certain senders automatically go their) and a Junk Filter (for those that seem to be spam but may not be). I still end up manually deleting 40 or more messages a day. I've had to rename my in-box and create a new one because the limit (about 1 gig) was exceeded.

My family knows forwarding me a message is an exercise in futility. But there is this little old lady, and I mean little (about 4'2") and old (early 80s) who was never on a computer until her husband died about a year ago. She has apparently learned what a forward option is and how to collect addresses to send it it.

I don't have the heart to tell her that the messages are a horrible waste of electrons, electrons that might be able to feed a hungary baby in Africa, or help provide an education for a disadvanteged student in Appalachia.

Happy 2008!

Mike

if i see FWD in front of anything..i delete it immediately, unless it has a title that seems to be of interest. ie. something about beer. :lol:

I know. My mother in law forwards my wife all of this crap that 100 or so other little old ladies that have discovered "the intranets" have found and forwarded to her.

Actually the Fwd:Fwd: is what you really don't want to see. That means that the idiot who sent it to you had it forwarded to them (and most likely 99 or so other idiots) by yet another idiot. It isn't even fresh crap that they themselves found..........arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Back