• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

my Bhut plant

i started the Bhut in October inside.
It has been outside for about a 2 month
f19mpv.jpg

29ntp91.jpg

30cbw9z.jpg

nice plants

i thought i started mine early, i started mine in December, my wife thought i was crazy shes probably right but it defiantly pays to start Bhuts earlier than the rest

they need the extra time, i harvested one pod so far

again very nice
your friend AjiJoe

Yep, I started mine in January. I have three right now with several pods over 2" already. I am just waiting for them to turn orange/red. It is getting agonizing. I was hoping to have some ripe fruit to pick by the 4th of July but they didn't cooperate.
I was told to start my bhuts early but I wound up snipping buds for two months before I ever got them outside for good. I am wondering if I shouldn't have let some or all of the blooms develop into pods even though they were still in the house. I was told it was hard on the plants to be putting out fruit before they are outside for good.

Oh, also, this year, I think I will really get a jump on next year's growing season by overwintering a plant or two in my house. They say the second year's harvest is significantly better and earlier than the first year's harvest.

Back