• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

My carnivorous plants [Pictures heavy]

g3KIiuD.jpg

MZNYJcX.jpg

SteelHeat said:
Dont think he'going anywhere. Trapped in the yellow jacket.
Don't assume it's trapped until you see it die. My yellow jacket has a pretty bad catch rate because a lot of bugs manage to get back out.

Maiden, I finally discovered your plant collection today and holy crap! Its beautiful. I always wanted to try carnivorous plants again, when I was a kid I had a fly trap that died and I thought they were too delicate.

Just wondering, of all the species of carni plants u kept, has any had a fragrance? Like if it had a sweet perfume smell or otherwise

There's some absolutely stunning plants in this thread! I've just recently started getting into carnivorous plants, and started with 2 venus fly traps which are currently recovering after 1 of our ogs took a liking to them. Picked up my first Nepenthes from a local seasonal garden centre on Saturday. Not 100% what it is, but think it may be N. Miranda. Stopped by another garden centre today and saw a bunch more of the same I got, and another variety which I think may be N. Ventrata. If I can find the window space I'll be getting one of them too.
My current nepenthes https://imgur.com/xvhN7zm
https://imgur.com/qdkU5Uu
https://imgur.com/SPs8JmM

Nice pitcher plant!

By the way, you can make an album on that site so all pics are in their and you dont need a link for each one :)

BurnTtongue said:
Maiden, I finally discovered your plant collection today and holy crap! Its beautiful. I always wanted to try carnivorous plants again, when I was a kid I had a fly trap that died and I thought they were too delicate.

Just wondering, of all the species of carni plants u kept, has any had a fragrance? Like if it had a sweet perfume smell or otherwise
hello!

sorry for the late reply!

Yes many carnivorous plants have a discrete parfume, like some species of sarracenia or heliamphora. The odor come from the nectar.

thanks MH :)

very nice plants :) both clones are very easy to grow, you will enjoy them as a grower.

Welcome to your new addiction

dragon: good to know :) thanks for your kind words !

Maiden said:
its your first growing season?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
No. They're on their third year now. First year with them being out that late though.

Maiden said:
bump? :-P
THP doesn't alert me when people reply to the threads, so just quote posts if you want a response in a reasonable length of time.

Well I've managed to keep my Heliamphora alive and growing. First two pictures are divisions from the plant in the third and fourth pics  :party:
20170207_093442.jpg

20170207_093447.jpg

Question for maiden this plant is just going crazy should I divide it again in spring? 
20170207_093453.jpg

20170207_093523.jpg

Cheers

ooooooooooooooooooooooo boy... shouldnt have opened this thread... i think i just found a new hobby to get into.... why me???? awesome...

Back