• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

My carnivorous plants [Pictures heavy]

I dont have that much !! Nepenthes are big plants and im in a appartment. Thats why i grow heliamphora/terrarium plants. They stay short and compact. Josh(jb_orchidguy) is the neps guys around here, im mostly the helis guy :)

The only nepenthes i grow are tenuis, hamata, faizaliana and ramispina.

At the end(!), i think i have 80-100 plants here :-)

Cheers !

I dont have that much !! Nepenthes are big plants and im in a appartment. Thats why i grow heliamphora/terrarium plants. They stay short and compact. Josh(jb_orchidguy) is the neps guys around here, im mostly the helis guy :)The only nepenthes i grow are tenuis, hamata, faizaliana and ramispina.At the end(!), i think i have 80-100 plants here :-)Cheers !

That's still a lot of plants for in an apartment! Which hamata have you got bro? You know AW clone 2 is female. That's the one I have. And I have a known BE male clone. Then I also have the unknown BE clone. The picture of my hamata is from the male BE clone. Hamata will get large too. But good thing with it, it can be acclimated to being a house plant. Just have to use supplemental lighting, but it will pitcher and grow like crazy! I've seen it done.

When your hamata vines and basals and you need to trim it let me know please!

And everyone else reading and keeping up with this thread. All Nepenthes vine and get large even if they are a "small" species. Bellii, tenuis, glabrata, campanulata are the smallest if I remember correctly. There is one more "small" but I forget its name and its hard to get a hold of. Bellii, glabrata and campanulata are great for terrariums.

I have hamata aw clone 1. In my setup that clone like to grow under less light. But its still a very young plant :)

Ikeepfish :)

Oh, and this morning i noticed my first bhut jolokia seed germination !

Cheese and rice that's fantastic! Your house must look like fangorn with those numbers!

*edit:

How long do the sarrs and neps live for? Maiden mentioned some take years to mature but how long do they thrive?

Bearded the plants can live indefinitely. Nepenthes are vines and can be cut to make new plants. Sarracenia need a winter dormancy, and can live for years and years. Its a ryzome plant. So again it can be divided and divided.

I grow in a greenhouse. So sarrs live outside year round and nepenthes and orchids stay in the greenhouse.

Yeah sorry I should have been more specific. I assumed since some take years to mature they'd have a few more seasons of life than other plants but didn't expect them to be able to live indefinitely.

Yeah sorry I should have been more specific. I assumed since some take years to mature they'd have a few more seasons of life than other plants but didn't expect them to be able to live indefinitely.

I would assume they could live for a long time. I know there are some cultivars of orchids and Nepenthes that have been around since the 1800's.

Been lurking this thread. Haha. Amazing plants. I usually like to grow things from seeds but CP seeds are almost impossible to come by in singapore.

IC

Same thing in Canada, we need a phyto cert and a import permit. It can be quite expensive like you said but im too addicted  :drunk:

huhuh 

I mail seeds to Canada pretty regularly, a normal customs form usually works IF a regular letter won't make it (it normally does)

Back