my chocolate trinidad scorpions are flowering...what should I do?

How does nature do it? How do these plants grow in the wild? Hands off, my frend. I agree with millworkman. Nutes are great and all, but sometimes they're like funerals. Funerals are for the living. They make us feel better.

I have always had good results with fruit set and fruit quantity without bloom ferts. I usually just turn the soil over and dig in some compost and manure before planting out. I've had good results with plants put straight into the lawn, after turning it over. Like someone said above - chillies don't necessarily need a lot of NPK and can do pretty well even in nutrient-poor conditions.

What I have noticed growing in pots and in ground is that annums, baccatums, don't ever need bloom fert but nonsuperhot chinsens like fatalis and habaneros don't need might could use some, now Trinidads and bhuts (superhots)and pubensens,only give but a few pods compared to others unless a bit of bloom booster is added then they either equal or out produce non super hots all in same soil and condition,,,,also wild bird peppers and what not have tiny pods in nature,,all domesticated variety have medium to big pods that require more energy,,are hand selected by human hand they are probably use to better soil and fert conditions in there evolution from wilds to domestics right?

Peppers for the most part will take care of themselves. With proper soil and nutes, they can go from productive to really big fertile plants. I don't use compost tea, but I like to use a good amount of nitrogen. So later in the year when the soil in my potted plants has been throughly used, I give them a bloom fert for a boost. I aslo like to keep my NPK  even. Not a necessarily high NKP, but an even one.

one flower fell off but there's a lot more nodes and another flower opening, my second chocolate scorp has no nodes or flowers now

my carolina reaper is about 2 feet tall now, inside from seed and still is, it got a few flowers all have fallen off lol, oh well.. but another 10-15 opened up over past 3 days so maybe a few will take, and there is like another 30 getting ready to open and maybe another 20 small starting to form, hope to have a pepper maybe by aug? lol

I agree that peppers should be fed sparingly. I grow my peppers in raised beds that mostly contain Promix that is left over from my nursery along with various vegetative matter form plants that did not sell. I raise a lot of tomatoes also and they get fed every two weeks during season. My pepper plants get a shot of fish emulsion once a month for the first two months and on the third month, they get a shot of fish and a shot of earth juice bloom. I may not feed agian on most pepper plants and they will grow right through summer with nothing in the way of ferts. If we have a mild winter and i keep a plant for a second year, I will prune it back in late Febuary and do the same fertlizer routine above. Sometimes a dose of Epsom salts might be needed but we're talking once in a year and only if we've had a ton of rain.
While I mainly use Dynagro in my nursery, I try to follow organic practices for vegtables. They taste better and it is better for the environment.
On occasion, I'll grow a pepper plant in a five gallon bucket. I have found they require more frequent feediings than those in my raised beds.

Back