• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

my first Bhut Jolokia

This is my first Bhut Jolokia. I seeded out 13, but only one sprouted, and in 9 days. I started it in May.

Bhut%20Jolokia%20-%20IMG_1480.jpg

I have 4 more in some Groton, and 1 is has finally started to hook after 6 weeks. I will post up a pic as soon as I can get a good photo.

Thought I would add a comparison of the Bhut that was seeded on the same day as the NMSU Datils.

Datil%20and%20Bhut%20comparison%20-%20IMG_1487.JPG

And a little different angle.
Datil%20and%20Bhut%20comparison%20-%20IMG_1489.JPG

Good looking NMSU Jolokia, now get that plant outside in some indirect Florida sunshine already. Pot it up in a larger container and put outside with the Datil under a shade tree till it gets established, then game on. Good luck with the Fatalii, too late to be starting any pepper seeds for the year unless you plan on keeping all of this inside with the dentist supplies. :shocked:

I potted up the Bhut last night, but I still haven't moved it to the outside. I hate to say I am afraid of losing it as it is the only one I have gotten to grow. Everything else that is slow growing is really for next year, I just want to get some other peppers established, before they take the trek across the river.

I saw today where one of the 4 Bhuts I put in Groton grow plugs is getting ready to hook out of the plug. I am excited. Silly I am sure but excited none the less. I am going to put it in a little hydro pot when it gets big enough. In fact my Hydro Gardens fertilizer order should be here this afternoon!

So soon- 2 Bhuts for me!

Back