• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding My first cross!!

Nice, There's a few crosses I'd like to throw it at but most of them have already been done. Maybe a BBG7 and aji omni color. How neat would it be to get the bleeding caxl and a pod that changes through several colors. 

I tried it with a Chinese 5 Color and a BBG7. I don't think that it worked because they all just look like C5C's. They do seem to taste hotter and different than last year but that is probably just my imagination. The majority of the crosses I tried were with the BBG7.

I did a cross with 7pot burgundy and forgot to write it down, a few hours later I realized it and for life of me couldn't remember what the cross was. It was either bg7, cgn-21500 or two others I was toying with.

Of course the cross took so now I got no idea what it was. Will still plant it and see if maybe I can identify. If it was BG7 or CGN-21500 I should be able to tell. 

Dr.Pepper said:
I'm very excited because it appears to have worked! Out of 12 plants that I grew out from last years cross this is the only plant to put out pods that I like. The other 11 plants look like the last pic with just little stubby tails or they look like tiny Reaper runts.
Wicked looking pods! The last pic looks like a particularly evil strawberry. Sounds much better than the Chinese 5 colour cross I had pop up as a volunteer this year.

Here are a few more "strawberries" from a different plant. I don't know if the cross just didn't take or what. They weren't quite what I was looking for but they are still pretty awesome.

Attachments

• Bubblegum2.jpg
    Bubblegum2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 40
I would save the seeds from pod in 3rd to last pic in the first series you posted. That is a beautiful pepper in the gnarliest definition of the term. Looks kind of like a bloody dagger. Very nice work. How is the heat in comparison to its parents?

Back