• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

My first Glog

Hey everyone I am new to this forum but have learned so much good info and I feel like I am ready to dive in and start a log! I just received my seeds from mpicante and got em soaking for 24 hours before I sow in soil pods. Heres what I got!

Thanks again mpicante!

My small list of what I am starting off with: planted on 10/10/15
-Reaper
-Chocolate scotch bonnet
-Yellow brain strain 7 pot
-Chocolate brain strain 7 pot (pepper lover)
-Red brain strain 7 pot
-Orange bell
These were planted in the beginning of October
-Orange habanero
-Ghost pepper (pepper joe)
-Trinidad scourpion (pepper joe)

Most recently added:
-CHEIRO ROXA
-Giant red stuffed

Here are the other plants I got started at the beginning of October from pepper joe.

It's been around 16 days since I planted these seeds and they have been on 24 hour light and just started giving them 1/2 strength fert of what's recomended for seedlings.
Here's one of my ghosts peppers with a helmet. Not sure what I can do other than leave it and see what happens.

Here's what I am using to fertilize:

am I fertilizing them too soon even at 1/2 strength? They seem to be doing well just don't want to burn them. How big should they be before I start using full strength?

Adamkaijorg said:
It's been around 16 days since I planted these seeds and they have been on 24 hour light and just started giving them 1/2 strength fert of what's recomended for seedlings.

am I fertilizing them too soon even at 1/2 strength? They seem to be doing well just don't want to burn them. How big should they be before I start using full strength?

I think that 24/7 of lights is not ideal. The dark hours is where the plants do a lot of growing, and they also need some rest from collecting energy. I think I've seen a few mentions of this in the forums and youtube. Maybe try having the light on for 16 hours a day.

As for the fertiliser, it doesn't seem to be too strong, so you could get away with what you're using. I might even use a little bit less when they are still that small.

Thankyou I will continue with the fert and I was going to switch to 18/6 light cycle soon. The main reason I had it on 24 was to keep my germinating tray warm (about 82-85*) I should invest in a heating mat.

Finished building my grow box today. All lined around with Mylar. I got 1 2 foot grow light from Home Depot 6500k (2500 lumens) and today I just got a 2 foot sun blaze 22 (4000 lumens)in the mail from eBay for a steal!

Peek at the inside

2 fans inside as well as 2 exhaust fans. The ho t5 puts out more heat than I was expecting.

Here's another shot :
Also added a new variety to my log today : CHEIRO ROXA (pucker butt) saw others logs growing this pepper and I fell in love with it!

Adamkaijorg said:

I love what you've done with the cling film, never seen this before. Did you glue it on and then cut out holes for the ones that popped? I need to try this next season, it looks very neat. 

Adamkaijorg said:
Thankyou I will continue with the fert and I was going to switch to 18/6 light cycle soon. The main reason I had it on 24 was to keep my germinating tray warm (about 82-85*) I should invest in a heating mat.
Lighting 18/6 light cycle is good
Even 1/2 ferts at that early stage could be too much ... patience in growing chillies will reap rewards
If you have "sky tv" place germinating tray on top best heating mat I have

Comptine said:

I love what you've done with the cling film, never seen this before. Did you glue it on and then cut out holes for the ones that popped? I need to try this next season, it looks very neat. 
thanks! I just taped cling wrap around the sides of the tray and used an exacto knife to cut around the ones that I saw hooks.

Trident chilli said:
Lighting 18/6 light cycle is good
Even 1/2 ferts at that early stage could be too much ... patience in growing chillies will reap rewards
If you have "sky tv" place germinating tray on top best heating mat I have
That's kinda what I figured so I stopped feeding the small guys. I am only feeding my bigger habs with 1/2 fert. All my seedlings are doing so well I don't want to kill them with kindness. I need to invest in a germination tray forsure! That's next my list. And please excuse my ignorance but what is sky tv?
tehhotpepper said:
Is it good to have your plants fully enclosed in reflective material?
Thats a good question I am a new grower and my buddy had a whole roll of Mylar he gave me so I decided to use it. All my plants seem to be doing well so far. I know t5 lights aren't the strongest lighting source so I figure using Mylar I'll get the most out of my lights? I am learning as I go!

Back