• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

my first grow ever....... update 4/23 grow list updated plugs

Welcome, and I am looking forward to seeing your babies grow.

Penny said:
Welcome and good luck in 2014.

You'll love it here, believe me, no one is harsh in their comments, one of the things I like about here.

I agree, this community is great.  No flaming here; at least not in the comments!  That is a rare forum on the web to not have flame wars...

Miniac67 said:
i decided to add a couple more to my grow list
pimenta de  neyde
cheiro roxa (love the flavor)
pigo de oro (small fireballs lol)
cayenne,thai chili not sure?( ill ask for help with id when i get pods)
7 pot x frutesens
Trinidad scorpion yellow
I love it!  You started this two days ago, and already you are adding plants to your list.  I started on here with a bhut jolokia and fatalii, and over the course of a few months that list has grown, and grown.  It is fun and fulfilling to grow the plants, and the group here is great to bounce ideas off of and get advice from. 

Enjoy your time here, and browse a lot!

ivplay said:
Welcome, and I am looking forward to seeing your babies grow.

I agree, this community is great.  No flaming here; at least not in the comments!  That is a rare forum on the web to not have flame wars...

I love it!  You started this two days ago, and already you are adding plants to your list.  I started on here with a bhut jolokia and fatalii, and over the course of a few months that list has grown, and grown.  It is fun and fulfilling to grow the plants, and the group here is great to bounce ideas off of and get advice from. 
Enjoy your time here, and browse a lot!
thank you , i do browse a  lot. and i was looking at my list and was pretty much all super hots. I wanted to add  some that were a little milder that could be added to salads etc.

ok i need to vent i was inside starting to make dinner and a huge gust of air knocked over my green house ugh plants are fine however all my damn picks with name got all mixed up.i am mad a myself for this i knew it was windy outside. on a plus note i am seeing a couple of hooks :) i will have more fun when it comes to  seeing what plants are where lol.

Everyone loves a good mystery.

Way to maintain a sense of humor, my friend!

Hey, good luck.  If you checked out previous blogs, you should do okay.  Lot's of info...I've been to Valencia
many times to go to Magic Mountain.  When I lived there Colossus was the baddest ride (I know I'm giving my
age away). :D

roper2008 said:
Hey, good luck.  If you checked out previous blogs, you should do okay.  Lot's of info...I've been to Valencia
many times to go to Magic Mountain.  When I lived there Colossus was the baddest ride (I know I'm giving my
age away). :D
haha yes that does give your age away a little. It's hard to believe that this city has over 200,000 people living in it now

Looks perfect! You're on your way.
There must be hundreds of ways to sprout peppers, but they probably all start with warm and damp.

Hmmmm looks like 99 percent of the seeds that i put in cups are not doing well at, if they haven't germinated at all yet  is it possible to transfer them into jiffy pods to get them to spout?

Hmm... they may be a little too moist in the cups?  Finding the optimal conditions between too dry and too wet is the main challenge from germination until they have their true leaves out.

That's is the best looking one so far. I think for the seeds in cups to much moisture may be the cause so no water for a while, hopefully that fixes the issue

Nice start! I had bad luck with that Kellogg soil. Just watch out for it staying soggy at the bottom. With a little peat added in it did much better. Like your most recent additions. Great list...that 7 pot x frutesens sounds cool and you can never go wrong with Yellow Scorpions! 

Good luck on your season!
Shane

Back