• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

My first mystery pepper, lol

]Hi everyone,
I am a bit stuck here. I traded with a guy at one of the places I work at. He is married to a Spanish lady. He gave me these seeds to a tiny, I mean tiny pepper that he claims is Spanish in origin and it is from his wife's family farm. I have grown it out and here is what I can tell you....

It looks like a Anuum to me
It's hot, about tepin level
Takes about 3-4 weeks to germinate in hot Florida weather

I looked all over for Spanish peppers, but all I come up with is stuff like Piquillo. That I have but looks nothing like it and it is a sweet pepper. Nor is it pimiento de padron.

P8180221.jpg

P8180224.JPG

and they're NOT chiltepins?

I don't think so....???

They are more oblong like a thick grain of rice. Also all of my tepins grow upright. Unless not all true tepins grow upright? These hang over like a chandler almost. Cool as hell and taste great. Not quite a Pequin/tepin flavor.

picture?

I can see my photos. Is there a glitch?

arijer said:
Are you fairly sure?  All of the frutescens type I have grown have also been upright.  Doesnt quite taste like a frutescens either.
No. I was basing off the leaves and fruit. It could very well be c. annuum.

This one looks like the one Gary "Windchicken" has. I think they call it penguin pepper. Ask Gary.

thehotpepper.com/topic/27451-parsons-potent-chili-penguin-pepper/page-2#entry873346

, Walter

Back