• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My first ripe Lemon Drop

cone9

Extreme Member
Well, here is my long awaited (and now departed) first Lemon Drop:

BEFORE

AFTER

This pepper was sooooo good!  So fresh and crunchy.  Loved the flavor and just the right amount of heat for me to really enjoy.   This pepper was sooooo good!  I was going to eat a little and dice the rest in some sauteed veggies for lunch tomorrow, but....this pepper was sooooo good...I just ate it all!

My Lemon Drop plants are packed with pods.  In a couple weeks I guess I'll have them ripe by the dozens.
And you know what?  I think ...those peppers will be soooo good!

Sorry for the unfettered enthusiasm but I really enjoyed that pepper after this long season of anticipation!

They really are wonderful peppers. Nice!!!

In fact, I`ve yet to eat a baccatum that wasn`t really good!

:dance: :woohoo:  Awesome dude... Been wanting to grow those as well, most likely have to get some seeds for the future grows...

After a year of disappointment due to an unhealthy plant, this year I've seen the light on these too.  Tasty little snackers, but where they really shine is in ceviche-type preparations; something about that _baccatum_ flavor combines *just* right with lime juice.

I've got a mystery _baccatum_ that produces pods that look exactly like aji limon, but a deeper orange color like an aji amarillo.  I think it might be an aji pineapple, but the flavor isn't very different from the aji limon, so who knows.

-NT

Back