• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My first ripening pod

IMG_00000062.jpg

Took awhile but finally got my first ripening pepper. 100% indoor grown. :dance:

Congratulations on your first ripening pod!

Thx elcap. I actually picked a green one and took it to the lake so we could all try a nibble. Very hot for a cayenne :onfire:
tyler I use numerous cfl grow bulbs. I have 11 placed above and beside the plants. I've had no real issues so far. Plants are about two feet high and fairly bushy as I've pruned a few times.

A pic of the setup.

IMG_00000061.jpg

Two of the cayenne plants and a young jalapeño.

IMG_00000060.jpg

The bigger jalapeño.

IMG_00000058.jpg

I'm also growing herbs, sugar snap peas and a lemon tree all indoors lol

Great work! It's good to see someone having success with indoor growing! I started all my plants from seed this year, except for (2) Habanero seedlings and (3) Chenzos. They did well overall, but I ran into edema and a too-damp basement, so some plants lagged.

In any case, enjoy that red Cayenne, they are really delicious when ripe!

First thing, super yay for getting a ripe pod indoors!!

Now, the critique. You are wasting a ton of light! If you put a wall on 2 or 3 or 4 sides of that rack and covered it with mylar you would increase your effective light by at least 2x. Cardboard and mylar film are pretty cheap so this is a no brainer upgrade to any indoor grow op.

I've definitely considered enclosing it all for the added light. Since the setup is right in my living room I was also shooting for a compromise between effectiveness and esthetics, I love the look of plants indoors. I like the cardboard idea however and that way I can surround it when not around and open it up as required.

Nope don't want to grow in a tent as I like the looks of the pepper plants as well.

Yep I love the cfl's I can move them around easily to whatever the plants may need.

Wow. After waiting over a month for the green cayenne to turn red they're turning red faster and faster...

And my sugar pea plant has actually produced a pod lol

Back