• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

My first Sausages

rabbit said:
I butcher my own deer, and have a meat grinder with a sausage stuffer built into it. I've always wanted to make Venison sausages. I'll have to make some this fall. The only thing stopping me is either an arrow, or a bullet through the "Breadbasket".:hell: I want to make some Sun Dried Tomato/basil ones, and something with habs in it. I'll have to think of what to add with it. Those sausages look tasty as well by the way.

Im surprised -- where you live and your thinking Venison Sausages and not BRATS -- I made those this past fall -- they didnt stick around long

LUCKYDOG said:
Im surprised -- where you live and your thinking Venison Sausages and not BRATS -- I made those this past fall -- they didnt stick around long

Nah, Venison Brats are good as well. However, brats are a sausage too aren't they?:?::) Just another way of stuffing ground meat and seasonings into a natural casing...lol!!

Pretty much the same but the spice and flavor is much different and cooking them as well -- I like the beer and onion boil then the grill and repeat

The beer and onion boil is actually quite tasty. I've had them that way. Then put them on the grill and carmalize some sweet bell peppers, and onions. Put that on with saurkraut, mustard, and some good hotsauce..........Man my mouth is watering now!

Back