• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense My ghosts aren't hot

I'll throw in another possibility, and with no age discrimination in mind ( :whistle: ), an old woody plant ?

I've grown some nasty red bhuts from older plants (three years) and overwatered and they may as well have been bell peppers in terms of heat.

The potting mix was wrong, just simply wrong. But the year before, boy howdy the heat was as expected.

But, I notice the word SAUCE in the OP. There are a multitude of products out there, with or without extract, that will put people into submission, real fast.

Reminds me of an incident a few years back - when I was having my backyard landscaped, and during normal conversation with one of the chaps who noticed my collection of chilli plants, he said he couldn't get anything hot enough to eat. So I thought "we'll see about that", and went inside to get my Mad Dog 357 silver label (750,000+ SHU from memory). I took out to him about 1/2 a teaspooon of it and just while I was opening my mouth to say 'just put in the tip of your finger and then put into your mouth', he grabbed the whole spoon and sucked it dry.

Well, he must have done that because a few of his work mates were watching, and as a result there was plenty of bravado around.

Yep, he went red, real quick. Lost his voice, spat everywhere, started sweating enough that you would slip over just walking near him, then went to the ground pretty quick.

Sat him up, gave him plenty of milk, plus bread and heaps of butter, and he recomposed himself enough to drive home (because all of this was at the end of work day).

At the end of the next day, he said he spent 3.5 hours on the toilet that night and almost called in sick, i.e. he wouldn't have been able to finish my job.
So, for someone who complaied that he couldn't get anything hot enough to eat, he sure got handed a spoonful of "shut the hell up" :rofl: :hell:
Honestly, I didn't know he would act that way - I'm glad I didn't do that to him with any hotter products like the Blair reserves ....

Regards,

Tim

Hey Nova,

You mean that awful red stuff with Molasses in it?

The last time I used that I put it on a chicken schnitzel.

End result - ruined the schnitzel - bumma.

Neil can have it all to himself !

Regards,

Tim

Haha Tim. What is it with landscapers? Last year when I was having a patio put in, one of the landscapers helped himself to a fatalii because he thought he could handle it. :rofl: End result, he felt like dying for most of the afternoon. He doesn't know how lucky he was that the ghosts and scorpions weren't ripe yet, he surely would have tried them since they were closer to the patio. :rofl: :rofl:

Back