• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My hats off to Pepper Lover

I received several varities of seeds from Pepper Lover. I had excellent germination rates and they are growing like weeds. Here are several pics of my plants.
IMG_1190.jpg

Here is one of my Ghost Peppers. The leaves are getting massive.
IMG_1191.jpg

Another pic of the Ghost Pepper.
IMG_1192.jpg

Wow very nice. What is your setup. Did you start in a seedling tray, what medium are you using to grow those peppers? Are you using ferts and what kind? :D

Next year i'll get my seeds from Pepper Lover.

It's no suprise they are turning out so well. So far Judy's seeds have been great for me also. Top notch customer service and quality.

pretty well all my seeds from pepperlover germinated, all the bhut types look really nice, only locato won't germinate but i knew they would be hard to start.

Most of my best plants this season have grown from the seeds I received from Judy.

However, as I'm still learning the ropes of growing, none of them ended up looking THAT good and healthy, kcso53! Well done!

Wow very nice. What is your setup. Did you start in a seedling tray, what medium are you using to grow those peppers? Are you using ferts and what kind? :D

Next year i'll get my seeds from Pepper Lover.

Thanks everyone for the compliments, greatly appreciated as this is pretty much my first year growing. I dabbled a little at the end of last year and grew a few plants indoors. I utilized two different germination techniques this year. The first was Neil's method at The Hippy Seed Company.
IMG_1044.jpg

The second method I used was the Biodome which was mentioned on this forum that was started by Wordwiz (I believe. If I'm not giving credit to the right member, my apologies).
Biodome.jpg

The Rapid Rooter plugs had a much more solid stem whereas the Bio plugs produced a much leggier seedling. The fan was thrown on them 24/7 and always had a gentle breeze strengthening them. I can't tell which is which at this point. Once I saw the seedling popping up, they were put in 3.5 inch pots and I used Promix BX. I utilized Botanicare ProGro, CalMag, Liquid Karma and Aquashield. I followed the feeding chart and had great success with their feeding schedule. On the recommendation of Beaglestorm, I purchased an 8 bulb T5 fixture from Hayneedle.com and kept all 8 bulbs on and kept an approximate 11-12 inch distance from the seedlings to the bulbs. The lights stayed on 24/7 for about 7 weeks then I switched to an 18/6 schedule. I started all of these the first week of February. I wish that I would of waited a couple more weeks as they are just getting too big. I couldn't of gotten to this point without all of the generous help from the members on this site, so thanks!

Back