My New Finex CI Skillet

Aw, doodoo!  Sorry about not posting pics.....I had a lot of stuff going on.

Here's some pics from tonight, please ignore th mucky stove from making potstickers....which I have to post picures of in the DrunkenCheff or some other thread...  :)

Attachments

• IMG_4103.JPG
    IMG_4103.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4104.JPG
    IMG_4104.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_4105.JPG
    IMG_4105.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_4106.JPG
    IMG_4106.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_4107.JPG
    IMG_4107.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 104
So SL, after you've had that one for over a year, is it worth the added expense over a Lodge skillet? Does the milling really make that much difference? Admittedly, it looks pretty neat, but the price is hard to choke down.

It's definitely better than the Lodge new stock!  I have a Lodge Dutch Oven that I don't use for anything other than deep frying wings because it sticks so bad.  Old stock cast iron can be found with smooth finishes. When I use the old Chicken Pan for a pot roast, I whine that it doesn't have the design features like the Finex. :lol: 

At $270 for a 12" skillet set, it is a chunk of change.  But, like a $275 Le Crouset Dutch oven or a $150 knife, you get what you pay for with quality craftsmanship and innovative design.  It's a one time purchase that will last all of my lifetime and hopefully through my kid's and eventually grandkids' lifetimes.

If you want a new CI skillet then that is the way to go. If you want an antique skillet pre- 1950's then you can spend anywhere from $10 at a garage sale up to $200 on Ebay for a nice old smooth CI Skillet from Lodge, Wagner, Griswold and several other makers from the late 1800's- 1950's. That ERA has the finest quality cast iron. Check out your local antique shops, good wills, garage and estate sales etc...... Oh and I have found some good deals on craigslist too.

PS- I have several old skillets, griddles, dutch ovens and baking items from those years in my collection that I use all the time at home.

hope this helps !!!

True dat!

Back