• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My no shows to the party.

After a trial and error second season I finally started to improve my germination rates. Although this is my third and final batch of seeds for the year. The ones that I ruined and never  showed up were: Most were limited quantities and  I will learn to never put all my eggs in one basket.lol I mean peppers!!!

7 Pot Ininity
7 Pot Chocolate Lava
7 Pot Madballz Chocolate
Brown Moruga
Aji Pineapple
Monzano Red
Bhutlah

For some reason I always struggle to get my Aji limon going...I've tried 3 years running and had a very low germ rate :s I don't think it's the seeds, as I've tried seeds from a couple of different people/stores.
This makes me sad as they're one of my favorite!

Yeah I got about 2-3 of my close to 30 Aji Limon to pop. Only had like 10 Aji Pineapple and they all popped. Now these Large Orange Thai are worrying me. Not even a taproot coming out of the seeds yet. Doesn't help that I started some annum seeds the same day and have already planted 6-7 of them each and thrown away the others that I don't need lol.

I've had 100% germ rates on my Aji limon and pineapples. 

So far i've got 0 germination on my 7 pot yellows. Planted both 1-15 and beginning feb. None of them have popped yet. I did try crossing a few pods with aji limon or pineapple don't' remember. I lost track of the crossed flowers so there is a good chance that the seeds i'm using have poor germ rates because of the cross. I just put a nice handful into moist papertowel to see if I can get any to germ. 

For me it has been Naga Morich, Red Savina, Carolina Reaper, and Bhut Jolokia.  Planted on 4 Feb, and I only have 1-2 of each.  I planted 18 Savina and 9 of the others.  When is it appropriate to call it quits on them so I can replant something else?

Funny thing I had a cell tray still on the heating pad with the dome still on and was going to dump the soil this evening. My chocolate Rennie just popped 2 of the 3 seeds. Hey ya never know. Those were planted Jan 15th and it's been well over a month.

Surprisingly jalapenos are one I haven't had any luck with even though I have multiples of most of the superhots I've planted. I was expecting the jalapenos to be the easy ones

Ozzy2001 said:
Yeah I got about 2-3 of my close to 30 Aji Limon to pop. Only had like 10 Aji Pineapple and they all popped. Now these Large Orange Thai are worrying me. Not even a taproot coming out of the seeds yet. Doesn't help that I started some annum seeds the same day and have already planted 6-7 of them each and thrown away the others that I don't need lol.
Glad I'm not the only one that has been struggling with the Limons!

I do fancy trying the Aji pineapple too ... Maybe a little late this year by the time I've bought some seeds and got them going :/

I forgot I also had zero germination from Lemon Habanero seeds. It seems that the yellow varieties take a little longer overall than the rest.

Almost everything i have planted has popped up, with 2 exceptions.  My datils which i planted about 3 weeks ago, 5 of them and nothing.  And i also planted 5 tobascos about two weeks ago and nothing. Same conditions as all of the others and i had great germination rates and times with them.  Weird...

Conspicuously, yeah, my Datils had an awful germination rate (1 out of 6), as did the Lemon Habanero (zero). Nearly all of my seeds were harvested from pods I got here, traded for, given by THP members, or picked up on seed trains. I bought a few varieties from pepperlover & a few varieties of peppers & tomatoes from a non-pepper-specific vendor I thought had a decent reputation. Literally zero germination on all of those peppers & tomatoes. Zero. Probably 12 varieties. 4 tomato varieties & all 17 other of my tomato varieties germinated. I think I'll send an email today.

coachspencerxc said:
Conspicuously, yeah, my Datils had an awful germination rate (1 out of 6), as did the Lemon Habanero (zero). Nearly all of my seeds were harvested from pods I got here, traded for, given by THP members, or picked up on seed trains. I bought a few varieties from pepperlover & a few varieties of peppers & tomatoes from a non-pepper-specific vendor I thought had a decent reputation. Literally zero germination on all of those peppers & tomatoes. Zero. Probably 12 varieties. 4 tomato varieties & all 17 other of my tomato varieties germinated. I think I'll send an email today.
My datils came in a seed train, but i am about to give up them which is unfortunate i wanted to try it, but maybe next year and maybe i did something wrong. Still holding out hope for the tobascos, the same seeds grew last year, just a year older.

Back