• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

My non chili plants

atis / sweet sop / Anona squamosa

IMG_0252.jpg

Awesome, those are called sugar-apples here. Same family of trees as my paw paw trees. I want to try one!

Sugar apples are easily grown from seed and do well in containers. If you can get your hands on some to grow, you'll have fruits in 2 years.

My plant is about 5 feet, recently potted up from 7 to a 15 gallon container. It's been fruiting and flowering the past couple weeks. When it was smaller, it would flower but not set fruit. But I was a noob at hand pollinating, so I could've been responsible. Sugar apples go dormant in the winter and usually drop their leaves. Treat them like peppers. Protect them from freezing, and they'll survive the winter.

Sugar apples are easily grown from seed and do well in containers. If you can get your hands on some to grow, you'll have fruits in 2 years.

yup easy to grow. they grow around here voluntarily. I have one growing on a container for a couple of years already and is now having its 1st set of flowers.

How do they taste?

I have a lemon basil in my garden, but i have not used it for cooking yet. coz i dont know what to do with a lemon scented basil haha.

Its growing like weeds here.

Wow, you like your basils!
I've only had 'bush' basil, sweet basil, thai basil and lemon basil.
Current place has an old, old garden, 50 years or more old. It's has lemon tree, fig tree, almond tree and mandarin tree that were all neglected for years.
Got the lemon tree back fine, almond tree looks a goner, fig tree is massive,about 12m tall but doesn't produce anything edible. Birds get to it pretty quick and you can't reach many figs anyway. But what you can reach on the lower branches seems to rot before it ripens properly.
Mandarins are really sour as well. Trying to fix everything with ferts, blood and bone etc, but going to take a while (and I'll be out, the land demolished and leveled, the tress removed, or everything neglected soon anyway...)

edit: lemon basil is great for salads

How do they taste?

I have a lemon basil in my garden, but i have not used it for cooking yet. coz i dont know what to do with a lemon scented basil haha.

Its growing like weeds here.
use it to cook lamb dry curry :)

or masak lemak just add the to the broth. it just fragrant it :)

Back