• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering My Peppers maybe immune to aphids this winter

Would appear several small spiders were living on the peppers outside. Now they're making webs. Here's hoping any pests keep them full this winter!!!

Would appear several small spiders were living on the peppers outside. Now they're making webs. Here's hoping any pests keep them full this winter!!!

Hmmm, interesting idea. And after the spiders take care of the aphids, you could use some lizards to eat the spiders. Once the lizards become a problem, a simple application of Felis Catis will take care of that. But once those cats become a nuisance, you're only option is a dog, and when that dog becomes a problem, well you're out of luck unless you have an exotic animal license.

Hmmm, interesting idea. And after the spiders take care of the aphids, you could use some lizards to eat the spiders. Once the lizards become a problem, a simple application of Felis Catis will take care of that. But once those cats become a nuisance, you're only option is a dog, and when that dog becomes a problem, well you're out of luck unless you have an exotic animal license.

My eight years old son would recommend a Eustreptospondylus then. But if that one becomes a problem the going gets a bit tough.

You don't have to get the dog, there is more than one way to kill the horrible cats that dig up your garden bed and do their filthy business right under your tomato plants then bury it so you don't know where it is exactly and you can't get rid of the bloody thing because your wife got it for your little daughter as a present and if it was to go missing the crying and pain would be like a jackhammer inside your head for days and then there would be bugging and nagging to look for it and pleas of "can we get another puss puss daddy" and "has puss puss got to cat heaven daddy" so then you have to lie to your kid and your wife would be able to tell from the sound of your voice because she watches you and checks your pockets and examines receipts to see if you've spent money that really is none of her business cos you go to work and you earned it and you should be able to spend it down the hardware store on power tools whenever you like or down the pub now and then, I mean its not like you're an alcoholic, you just get carried away when there are sports on the big screen and have a few too many and you only drove over the letterbox once...

um... just get a dog.

I had a tiny little spider set up shop between 2 of my container plants but I think he got bored and moved away, he was as small as an aphid.

Last year was the first year I got spidermites, ever, they hit a minature rose, I thought it was just wintering dark growth on the rose that's how thick they were all over the stems. on further inspection I saw little legs moving then realized it was something bad. I took the plant outside in the cold and with a spray bottle on jet I blasted them off - bet they didn't like the firehose effect nor being left outside in the freezing cold. The rose is still alive this year and blossomed nicely.

Back