• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil My personal hydro soil comparison

Hey guys, well I wanted to know what al the buzz was all about using hydroponics, I decided to try it my self. Hers a comparison of two plants, both are naga morich plants they were the same size when I had them in soil, so I decided to take one plant and put it in a hydroponic ghetto system. they get the same light every day and you could judge for your selfs, I started the hydroponic system on June 1st and now here she is. It s a very cool system, but the nutrients are to expensive to grow in bigger containers, so I think I will have my priority set on soil growing, but hydro is amazing, and it gets expensive when buying lights nutrients, etc.....

Left picture in soil, right picture hydroponics system.(ghetto version,lol)
DSC01154.jpg

Nice Marito, I am king of doing the same thing, but my soil plant has a little break, it is under the sun. But still the hydro plant is winning so far.

and what you will notice, is daily the hydroponic plant will just keep getting larger..... noticably!

hey, listen, my dwc pumps just turned on. i have them on a timer 8-12am, 8-12pm. just to circulate the nutrient.

good luck and have a great growing season.

and what you will notice, is daily the hydroponic plant will just keep getting larger..... noticably!

hey, listen, my dwc pumps just turned on. i have them on a timer 8-12am, 8-12pm. just to circulate the nutrient.

good luck and have a great growing season.

Is the netting pot submerged in the water? is that from 8pm to 12 am and 8 am to 12 pm??? Nice

Nice Marito, I am king of doing the same thing, but my soil plant has a little break, it is under the sun. But still the hydro plant is winning so far.
So cool, I also have like 6 more plants in cups just laying around, don t know what to do with does, lol have so much plants now, hahahah.

no and yes, in that order.
no the pot is not submerged in the water, but the water is just barely touching the pot. you want the roots to grow to the nutrient and they will just get lazy and back of root growth.
my pumps are on a timer.

Back