My Redneck DIY portable pizza oven

JUR-Z-Devil said:
oooooooh so you start the fire get it all hot,then push it to the back and toss the pizza in where the coals were? Id like to place my order for a large margherita pizza please... extra basil.... NICE

is that rosemary on your pizza? recipe please...
yes from my herb garden. This is just a basic pizza with sauce , motzerella and feta

JUR-Z-Devil said:
oooooooh so you start the fire get it all hot,then push it to the back and toss the pizza in where the coals were?
Apparently you stick it to the wall of the oven. ;)

The Hot Pepper said:
Guess you've never had a pie with potato and pork belly. Try that with rosemary!

What The??!?? WhatRuTrying to get kicked out of New York??? :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

if you are gonna start putting goofy shit like that on it? You cant call it a "pie" anymore....dammit  :drunk:

The Hot Pepper said:
I guess if Dominos doesn't make it, it's not pizza :P

Go to various parts of Italy and you will find rustic pies like that btw. No sauce, herbs, meats, olive oil, etc.

You are not in It-lee though?  :party:

Took me a minute but I found the soundtrack for this thread   :cool:

https://youtu.be/c7O91GDWGPU

The Hot Pepper said:
Apparently you stick it to the wall of the oven. ;)

well thats how they do that indian bread and that shits amazing although i dont think the sauce and cheese will cooperate... little self absorbed bitches they are...

I have a pizza parlor by my house that does all kinds of crazy gourmet pizzas and i just keep going down the list...  Not far from ny and voted somewhere best pizzas in the country... worth the trip for the Scooby Snacks alone...

http://www.nunzioskitchen.com/gourmetpizza/

The fried "Gallima" sounds good.

After finding out that Home Depot has discontinued fire brick I had to come up with an alternative solution to retaining the heat on the floor of the oven until I can get some fire brick elsewhere. So I will elevate my 15 inch Lodge Cast Iron Pizza pan on a couple of bricks and place some coals underneath and around it today for the pizza's and this should temporarily fix the issue. It's the one pictured in the firepit thread that I used for the pizzas. I will be making approximately 15 pizzas today. Once again wish me luck and Merry Christmas to all my THP friends.

The Lodge CI Pizza pan did the trick and the sweet spot for the heat on the pan was between 575-650* for a good crust.

Attachments

• pizza.JPG
    pizza.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 98
  • pizza2.JPG
    pizza2.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 104
Back