• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

My "Spicy" car

Here's a few pics of my car, "RedChili"
The official color is "Chili Pepper Red"
sky_river_side2.jpg

skyrear-1.jpg

I don't have a good picture showing it, but I have a laser etched wind restrictor between the seats that has chili peppers on it. When you hit the brakes (or turn on the headlights) it's lit from below and causes the etched portion only to glow red.

Fun to drive from the start, and about 125HP more than I started with now :) I had to have that color, called ALL over to find it at the time. Ended up only buying about an hour and a half from here. I will have to get some pictures of the windrestrictor, it really goes well with the theme.

I love the car.

Now this sounds so off topic, but I saw the building reflection in the car. Its awesome to have the building theere then the beautiful scenery around it as shown in the pic.

Bradh728 said:
I love the car.

Now this sounds so off topic, but I saw the building reflection in the car. Its awesome to have the building theere then the beautiful scenery around it as shown in the pic.

I tried and tried to get an angle with no reflection, must have drove my car around 10 minutes test shooting there, but no luck, my car was just too shiny :)

Pretty much anywhere in WV, we have nice scenery regardless of whether or not there's buildings around. That's a warehouse-like building down by where train tracks use to run.

Tkromer said:
260 is stock. It's about 353HP/390ft-lbs of torque now at the wheels, maybe close to 400 engine HP.

400hp from a 4 cylinder....:crazy: Don't expect it to last 200 000 klms or 100 000 for that matter.

chillilover said:
400hp from a 4 cylinder....:crazy: Don't expect it to last 200 000 klms or 100 000 for that matter.

GM performance made a kit for 400hp, if it is that kit then it should last over 100k mi easy.

Should be pretty solid, there are Cobalts with the same bottom end making 800HP, obviously different heads and such. If you don't drive it like you stole it, it'll last a lot longer too, but plenty of power when you need it.

I fully expect to get 100k miles out of this car, but I only put 4-5k a year on it so who knows, it'll need age-related maintenance before then anyway.

millworkman said:
GM performance made a kit for 400hp, if it is that kit then it should last over 100k mi easy.

The kit for this car was only 290HP, I didn't buy it though.

Mine has exhaust, turbo, all the piping, intercooler, downpipe and of course lots of tuning. Almost a "bolt-on" 400HP...

From overhead, it looks completely stock. A trained eye will recognize the pipes are wider, but you really wouldn't notice much :)

Back