• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My White Ghost peppers are tiny and ripening while tiny. No idea why :(

Here is a photo:
http://imgur.com/DAUR0pG

Basically I planted 2 "white ghost peppers" that I bought from a local gardening center (who knows if they were labeled correctly) 

one plant made only a few pods and they grew to be about 3/4 inch long. They stopped growing. The other plant only grew to about 1/2 inch long and there are tons of peppers (pictured above) 

Did I get the wrong strain? Did I do something wrong? 

Some of these tiny peppers are turning bright yellow when they (I assume) become ripe. They aren't growing anymore. 

Any information would help. 

Thanks a bunch, guys/gals! 

Yes looks exactly like white bullet habanero

ops picture:
DAUR0pG.jpg

well I picked a ripe yellow one. Bit the very tip off of it. There was absolutely no heat but it had a nice sweet yellow-pepper flavor. I decided that they were underdeveloped (before I read any replies here) and decided to take another bite just as to not waste it (since it was very flavorful) but the 2nd bite resulted in some pretty strong heat. 

But not ghost pepper heat (or flavor) 

thank you for your help! 

I will conclude that they are white bullet habaneros 

Cheers! 

It seems becoming mainstream via places like Wendy's and Popeye Chicken, the term ghost pepper has become generic meaning something hotter than a jalapeno.  Saying ghost pepper seems to now mean hot pepper.

That may be true. At least the other plant I bought from this little gardening greenhouse was correctly labeled (Trinidad Moruga Scorpion) and that plant should be ripening any week now. 

I have some Caribbean Red plants(over 40) and some of them have a really small round shape to them no bigger than your finger nail. All the plants are in the same soil getting the same water and nutes. I've also had a few pods that filled up most of my palm that are gigantic for a Caribbean Red pepper.

SavinaRed said:
I have some Caribbean Red plants(over 40) and some of them have a really small round shape to them no bigger than your finger nail. All the plants are in the same soil getting the same water and nutes. I've also had a few pods that filled up most of my palm that are gigantic for a Caribbean Red pepper.
all my carribean reds are small this year, like the size of thumb nail as you said, seems like some weird seeds going around lol

juanitos said:
all my carribean reds are small this year, like the size of thumb nail as you said, seems like some weird seeds going around lol
If you want I can send you some seeds from a couple of big peppers. 

my Caribbean reds are very big. Get the occasional small one but most are large. 

I second the looking like bullet habs. 

While I did get a few runts on my white bhuts none looked oval like that. They aren't nearly as hot as the rest the bhut family. I put them down around high end habaneroish almost. 

This is what my white bhuts look like

Sandt said:
well I picked a ripe yellow one. Bit the very tip off of it. There was absolutely no heat but it had a nice sweet yellow-pepper flavor. I decided that they were underdeveloped (before I read any replies here) and decided to take another bite just as to not waste it (since it was very flavorful) but the 2nd bite resulted in some pretty strong heat. 

But not ghost pepper heat (or flavor) 

thank you for your help! 

I will conclude that they are white bullet habaneros 

Cheers!
I could be wrong on this but there usually isnt any heat at the very tip of most peppers

Back