• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

My window 2009

From left to right: Lemon plant 3 years (froom seed), euphorbia lophogona 3 years (from seedling found in pot), Pelargonium ×graveolens (gifted shoot), random chili (gifted plant from store), Hot Lemon (from seed), Bay Laurel (bought plant) and basil (I planted a small pot from grocery store).

IMG_6512.JPG

Picture taken in October 2009

Looks good. I had a lemon tree a few years ago It was supposed to be a dwarf plant only getting about 3 feet tall. After 3 years, it was about 6 feet tall and extremely root bound in its 20 gal pot. Definately not a dwarf. Just got too big to move around and can't survive the winters here, so I had to cut it loose. It's a shame too because the flowers smelled great and the lemons I got off were delicious.

jacob

wordwiz said:
Darn,

I cannot see the basil!

Overall, it looks quite good. Your room has to be a nice spend to spend time!

Mike
wordwiz, the basil is the one furthest to the right, it's quite big actually! Never thought it would grow that much. Yes, this window really makes it nice to be here, would be much more boring without all these charming plants. =)

Pepperfreak said:
I really like the first 2 plants shown. I think I may try growing them, they are pretty.
Pepperfreak, glad you like them, those two, the Lemon and the euphorbia lophogona (trädtörel in Swedish) are really my babies since I've been growing them from scratch. They've moved with me and lived four different places. The Lemon I just took seeds from a lemon I ate, so try that! The euphorbia lophogona drops seeds all the time so if you want I can send you some. Both plants are 3 years old, so it takes a while for them to get big obviously. They might have been bigger if I had been more generous with big pots.

jjs7741 said:
Looks good. I had a lemon tree a few years ago It was supposed to be a dwarf plant only getting about 3 feet tall. After 3 years, it was about 6 feet tall and extremely root bound in its 20 gal pot. Definately not a dwarf. Just got too big to move around and can't survive the winters here, so I had to cut it loose. It's a shame too because the flowers smelled great and the lemons I got off were delicious.

jacob
jacob, what you got was a shoot from a lemon tree planted in a pot, therefore maybe they choose to call it "dwarf" since it was like a small version of the big tree. Apparantly it liked your treatment. =) If you grow lemon from seed it takes between 30 to 40 years to grow fruit (if you get any at all) according to my local florist. On the net I found all different information, but I'm guessing it depends on the kind of lemon.

The tree I had was grafted onto a dwarf rootstock that is supposed to keep the plant small. Either it was the wrong rootstock, or it had a sucker growing that made it too big. There were 2 scars on the trunk, so not sure which was the grafting point. One was just above a branch which makes me think it was a sucker that grew out of control and made the plant too big. Either way it was a beautiful plant and was a shame to get rid of it. I would like to get another one one day.

jacob

excellent mixture and in prime daylight. The hot lemon is definitely a great tasting pepper, and looks great too. I wish I had windows like yours!

jjs7741 said:
The tree I had was grafted onto a dwarf rootstock that is supposed to keep the plant small. Either it was the wrong rootstock, or it had a sucker growing that made it too big. There were 2 scars on the trunk, so not sure which was the grafting point. One was just above a branch which makes me think it was a sucker that grew out of control and made the plant too big. Either way it was a beautiful plant and was a shame to get rid of it. I would like to get another one one day.

jacob
That's a shame, I would never be able to throw mine away, (unless it died of course). Since mine in planted from seed I guess it could get pretty big. But they should be ok cutting down?

Ballzworth said:
excellent mixture and in prime daylight. The hot lemon is definitely a great tasting pepper, and looks great too. I wish I had windows like yours!
I love my window, fun thing is it's actually facing north. So I'm amazed at how well the plants like it. The angle makes for more sun during morning and evenings during the summer. Winter offers no direct sunlight at all.

serrano said:
looking good. your hot lemon plant looks exactly like the one i have
They have a tendency to look just like that =D

Back