• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

mystery pepper

i would upload a pic....but the site wont let me....so ill give a desc. hopefully you guys can help me out.....it is a red, 2 and a half inch, mildly curved pod with what look to be craks going down the body, the cracks are tan but dont seem to be penetrating the whole way through the skin, the fattest part of the pod is about 3 inches in diameter. there is a curved green stem at about an inch, there is no leafy cap on the pepper like on the pepper in the chilis sign(idk what kind of pepper that is)it is mildly hot with about 10-20 seeds inside....when i have a name im going to start some seeds....please help.

here is a link to a THP thread that will help you with loading pics on this website...

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/14109-posting-pictures/

from your description, the lines are called "corking" and is a sign the pepper is ripe...maybe not the ripe color but plenty mature to eat...

as far as the pepper description itself, dang...a 3" diameter pepper...no idea without seeing a picture...

Me thinks it's some kind of jalapeno but 3" diameter rules that out so maybe it's.....

Some kind of midget Poblano,
tamales+and+trip+087.JPG

or an Ancho?
AnchoPepper90709.jpg

Back