• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Mystery Plant #1

This is the first of five mystery plants to produce pods. These were from ajijoe's mixed seed packs.

The pod is about 1 inch or so long. I couldn't really get a good up close pic, either it was too blurry or the light reflected off the pods shininess. It is dark green and turning dark purple/black.

DSC00501.jpg

The flowers are white with purple around the edges.

DSC00498.jpg

And a bad pic giving an overall view of the plant

DSC00504.jpg

Not a purple bhut I have the same plant that is a mystery for me as well AjiJoe said it could be a hybrid of something from his garden. Melissa is also growing the same one and they have turned all black. My peppers are still showing some green, but almost all black.

DSCN0387.jpg
DSCN0425.jpg

I've been trying to look though types of purple/black peppers, all of them either have purple veins/leaves, solid purple or mostly purple flowers, upright facing pods, or are too large. I guess I'll just keep it labeled as a mystery...lol

I grew a C. annuum a couple years ago with a very similar flower. Pods turn blackish early and finely ripen to brick red.. It was called Little Nubian. Also called Jamaican sore throat pepper with an interesting history. I think my pods were more blocky than your pic. I will look for a couple pics. Not sure if I'm much help. Edit; Also looks like Black Hungarian.
Mike

April232011peppers002.jpg

MysteryandBlooms019.jpg

MysteryandBlooms020.jpg

Back