• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Mystery Pod

Hello all, just picked one of my mystery pods, I had thought I lost all my 7pods during the aphid invasion earlier this year, and a bunch of my plants got mixed up and the labels faded, so I initially thought this was a Harolds St Bart, but Im pretty sure now that isnt the case, this is the first ripe one, but all the pods on the plant show similar traits as this, so could this possibly be a yellow 7 that I miss placed? only other possibility would be the seed from last year wasnt pure but the only thing in close relation to the harold st bart last year was my bhuts.
so any and all guesses are welcome, this is a big sucker too , its almost 3" long.

unkownyellow1.jpg

todayspods.jpg

freshpicked1.jpg

Not sure what it is, looks good though. Nice little harvest you got today :) picture# 2 has a big red pod that looks like a 7 pod but is missing from picture #3 ?

Not sure what it is, looks good though. Nice little harvest you got today :) picture# 2 has a big red pod that looks like a 7 pod but is missing from picture #3 ?

those are caribbean reds, pic 3 was actually taken before pic 2 , I collected those after the first pic.

I didnt think it looked much like a 7 either but, I dont have any other yellow anythings going at the moment except for fatalii's and yellow 7s that are in hydro, so Im clueless, it must be a HSB cross from last year, Im gonna cut that sucker open and see what we got inside :)

Ok heres the inside, wow this thing is pungent, I smell it as soon I as I cut it open very strong sort habish smell. lots of cap oozing out , I took a bite and its pretty f'in' hot hotter then a normal hab for sure. (also if you notice on the slice on the left that its pregnant, theres a little pod growing inside the upper right of the half on the left.)

yellow-inside1.jpg

"Yellow 7 pod" pods should really be a lot milder than red 7s and should look more like this and if I remember correctly, the seeds are in more of a clump at the top of the pod

3962556443_97c32c0c04.jpg

cool thanks for the info potawie, then if the seeds are more clumped at the top the this ones not a 7, as the seeds are spread out along the middle.

so means the seed wasnt true and my harold st bart crossed with something last year, closets plants were bhuts, but I ruled them out because I see no bhut characteristics except maybe the elongating, had fatalii's but they werent really close to the HSB's but that doesnt rule out a bee flying from one to the other. didnt grow anything else yellow last year.

I guess the important thing is that this pod is very tasty and very hot, I will be saving seed from these guys :)

I swore I wasn't going to try all kinds of really hot ones next year but I WANT ONE. I'm a sucker for those yellow pods. Might I beg a seed or two off of you? Lol

I swore I wasn't going to try all kinds of really hot ones next year but I WANT ONE. I'm a sucker for those yellow pods. Might I beg a seed or two off of you? Lol

sure thing man, I'll send ya some seeds that came straight outta that pod in the pic, shoot me a pm with an addy.

My 7Pots are looking just like the ones that Potawie posted. That's a decent sized pod you got there WM. I was going to suggest you figure out what it was by popping it in your mouth and munching on it THSC style ;). May be an eye opener

PM sent....Thanks a million. Love some yellow pods! Let me know if I have anything later (as explained in the PM) that you may want.

Back