event N.C. State CASI Chili Championships

geteem bubba... :lol:

I continue to be shocked that not one person has responded to my completely outrageous (until it comes true) statement that I will (and I will) win every (all 6) catagories in this years State Championships. I am throwing down the smack gauntlet and not a response. So there it is, smack for the ages! 6 for 6!! Put that in your sock and take it to the bank, I AM A BAD (CHILI) MAN!:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Ps Bubba's a punk

:lol: seems no instigation is required here.... :lol:

jack to go 6 for 6 would be a awsome feat i feel like the ones that we cook with are so good that a win or top 10 is a honor. yea show is not like it is in texas but it has stepped up over the years.
6 for 6 huh?
hmmmmmmmm we will see

Was checking out the "results" page on the PPP site. Looks like Bob Johnson is the guy to beat lately. He has been consistant since he stepped in last year and has won the last two events. Still, the red I have come up with now is spot on! 4 years of trying such weird methods, and the best yet is the least complicated yet. I have never come to this event as confident that have cracked the code, keep the pen handy and the PPP history book open to a clean, new page......

trying to get into the minds and taste buds of 12 individuals that is the fun part. my texas style that got top 10 the other day a guy told me it tastetd like old elpaso taco hamburger. so either my texas style stunk or he had weird taste buds.

vickseter i got confirmation on the fox 8 gig it will be 8am friday i know you got a busy schedule but if you want to do the in studio thing its up to you. it looks like i will not be cooking texas style at the state so if your kick azz recipe dose well give someone some tips..lol
take care bud
mike

No Texas style, no showmanship?!? What the hell ARE you gonna do? I really will miss kickin a fresh hole in your butt!

i tell ya vickster when you get only one 1st place in 6 years in texas style and this weekend you get 17th out of 21 makes ya look at yourself in the mirror and say well mabey this is just not your thing. you can dream and want something realy bad but if your just not good at it your just not good at it?? last year at the state behind the scence needed alot more attention so im just gonna have to do some major major thinking and concider what im gonna do.

Gotcha! Here's what I did in prep for this event: I also stopped making Texas for a while. Gave me time to forget about it and then re-assess my recipe. Then , BAM, I think I got it right. Took some idea's I already had, watched the food network, payed attention to the cooks at the events and just slept on it for a while. I just cannot imagine a guy who has been to the big show two yeas in a row giving up for good. I think, for me at least that my recipes are an ever changing situation. As you placed less than desired, just look for way and flavors to get back to your winning ways, don't sit on that recipe, change it. I believe you can't be down for long, big guy!

I'll see what I can do about the Fox 5 thing. I won't know much until we are closer.

don't want to come across as a "sore looser" here i was watching a show the other day and there are people out there that just have a talent for cooking and i just don't have the talent i guess?? im just a little down ill get back on track. last year i qualified to cook in texas the last cook off of the year and it looks like its gonna take that again this year so time will tell.

Persevere young man! I imagine you've got a lot on your mind right now. We'll revisit your semi-retirement another day, but you must know that until I beat you fair and square, head to head, I will not consider myself the greatest chili cook of my generation. (But darn close!)

Sorry Chiliman but your record will only be 4 of 6 this year, I'll be taking first in Texas and freestyle.:onfire:
Hey bubba I'll have another jar of peaches for you this year, just come by the tent.

Listen up Frito bandito...the big pretty trophy is mine!!!!!!!

I have already rented the U-haul for all the iron. But there is always next year.

And no bribing Papa Pepper with preserved fruit! The NERVE.........

Vic I placed eighth last year and have been tweaking it ever since, I will either get first or last, seems to work that way. I will have to concede the showmanship contest to you, being two tents down from you last year I know there is no way I can compete with your, let's call it vocals.:lol: And by they way those peaches are not preserved just well aged!

Despite my vocals and my Mom's performance as "The Nurse" I somehow placed third in show last year after two years in a row in first. Still can't figure that one.

I have yet to place better than fifth in the Texas style, but feel that this is my year. I have done four batches with the new recipe so far and folks, including two guys who have qualified and cooked in the big show several years back, go crazy for it (and since we are cooking for regular folks, not trained judges, at the state level, I feel pretty goood about the response). It is tasty, smooth, pretty, glossy, meaty, sneezy, dopey and doc. But also REPEATABLE! Consistancy of product has been my achileles heel so far.

If I were better at this photo posting thing, I would send you one of my back, but being second, you will get a very good view on the 10th! Congrats in advance on the slightly smaller trophy!

Damn smooth Frito Burito. I was unaware of Bubs's Homer Simpson-like love of well-aged peaches. You win this round....but I'll be back!

Back