event N.C. State CASI Chili Championships

646: I have a chance to win in 6 catagories (texas, freestyle, restaurant, peoples choice, showmanship, and John Hare Award for generosity). When I win them all...six for six (646).

And Marty is Habenero Bandito (I think that's okay to say, it's on his profile and he fully admitted to winning 8th last year and it's only a hop skip and jump to the PPP website to find out!)

I like #4, can I get one?

I've got titanium nerves and a gut of whatever beer kegs are made out of. At this juncture I am more interested in what fun and silly things I will do when I go up to retrieve my awards. Last year the cartwheels almost killed my old fat ass.

Seriously, if you remember I won a raffle prize and ran like a loon all the way to the front, which looked fairly short until I started, and then it became like a movie and the stage just kept getting further and further away and my heart was starting to burst and my one lung bagan to collapse. I need to exercise!

Holy Crap! Did my bravado NOT serve me well today. I figured I'd post the obituary before Frito or Bubs so you all know that I am a man of honor despite my massive, talking face hole.

Though I thought my chili was fine, very fine to be honest, and my Texas was the best I ever made, I did not score a single chili place this year......WHAT!?! You heard! I did score second, behind Bubs, in Showmanship (despite the "I'm really not gonna do showmanship, Vic,I got other stuff to do" words that came out of our boy.) and I raised $718.50 for the Charity, garnering the John Hare award for Generosity (third year running) (Hey, I gotta hold onto something!). And our boy Frito Bandito made and appearance at the trophy alter with a very respectable 8th place in Texas Style. I extend my most humble hand to both of my worthy and honerable cohorts and admit before you all that I got my booty handed to me this year. (But this will in NO way affect my love of talking smack next time around!)

See ya next year my friends! It was a good day for the NC Epilepsy Foundation!

ok guys neeed a little help here. I checked my scores and I got three 10s, three 9, two 8 and a damn 4 and of course the 4 made no comments so I could not tell what they didn't like. I truely don't know how I could have improved my texas chili.
Great job guys on the showmanship award and fund raising.

bandito if you can ever figure out what a judge wants you could make a million bucks by selling that secret to chili cooks. yea this is probably the last year that ill do showanship...probably won't do a single solitary thing not one ioda nada zilcho zippo next year for showmanship i think im gonna sell all my showmanship stuff and just not even ever do showmanship ever ever ever ever eeeeeeeeever again.

bubbaschili said:
bandito if you can ever figure out what a judge wants you could make a million bucks by selling that secret to chili cooks. yea this is probably the last year that ill do showanship...probably won't do a single solitary thing not one ioda nada zilcho zippo next year for showmanship i think im gonna sell all my showmanship stuff and just not even ever do showmanship ever ever ever ever eeeeeeeeever again.
the vicster hasn't commented back.....this is scary
bandito do you think we run him off???

Hey Bubs you lying showmanship bastard! How's that! You put together a nice piece for show man, I give you props. As my business has grown, I just don't have the time to dedicate to the show piece, that's why I still use the Chili Con Carnival bit. I'm thinking of firing myself, going on unemployment, and dedicating some time to a new thing.

Hey Bubs, do the judges scores last past the day of the cook off? I had to roll, babysitters are not cheap these days and we had to get ours gone before we went broke. I would be interested in knowing how mine faired points-wise and even any comments as well.

Hey Frito, I know you were sweating, though, after getting 8th, you though I might place ahead and then I would never shut-up! Good work! And that your son for me, I never heard my name called for the raffel and he came and told me someone wanted me cause he heard them call my name. Landed up with an nice dinner out at Bonefish Grill.

showmanship bastard?? who told you my mom never married? yea i see where your comming from vicster the millions i got from the lottery and all the free time i have to deticate to showmanship got me over the top...lol well i got no place to gloat whatsoever it looks like this year i will not be able to make the big show in texas...qualifying this year looks like it might not happen. time will tell. like i have said before if you dont cook well you dont deserve to go you gotta earn it. i got a idea but i bet the vicster would never ever go for it...we could have a great time and one year at tanglewood join forces and put on a show for them that would knock there socks off. not a bubbas chilli or a chili con carvival but a piedmont pepper pod extravaganza of show. we got until september...what do you think? would you have a problem working with a illegetimate son of a cottom mill worker?

speaking of tanglewood i got a idea for show that would take no time in preperation if your intrested what we gotta do is come up the night before for the cooks party get ripped and go to the place i work part time get more ripped sing alot of bad kereoke and cook chili and show the next day. but the idea i have for show would be hallarious....intrested??

before you say no think of this...all work and no play makes vic a dull boy. you gotta let the release valve loose and blow some steam every once in a while dude.

Back