• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Naga Jolokia pepper seeds 855,000 scoville units?

I had a Naga growing this year... pictures can be seen on my blog pyro91.blogspot.com

To be honest it was nothing special. It's hot but I could eat them right off the plant. Unless my growing conditions were incorrect.

I bought the plant last year at a Garden Farm in Ottawa for 12 bucks in April they sell it for 25 when its mature. It grew over 4 feet and had tons of peppers on it.

I will try and seed it this year for the first time.

I have also been looking around at seed trading sites to increase my collection.

Anyone interested in trading chillii seeds. This is what I have.
Plant: Seed count.
Orange Devil Habanero 400+
Naga Jolokia 100+
Ring of Fire 1000+
Scotch Bonnet 100+

Im looking for white & chocolate Habs - acutally anything not on my list.

I grew one plant of the Naga, to be honest i didnt ever try them as i got only a few peppers and wanted the seed so dried them. As a matter of fact I didnt even know this was so special. I was given a few seed and I am interested in the ornamental factor of this plant. Nice 2 inch purple thin walled cayenne type.

I will read the rest of this posting and see if i have anything else to offer

Pyro, hmm i looked at your pics and mine look nothing like that. growing upright green and look a decient size. HMMM makes me wonder Like i said im over wintering this plant so ill get a pic. Its not bearing fruit at the momeny but does have some prurple white flowers

not sure but.

What about the TEPIN pepper they say it is even hotter than the Red Hab. I have some on order.. Stand by I will let you know..

I think the only person who says tepins are the most picante chile is Mr Drehman.....guess what he's selling?

I've grown and eaten lots of tepins and other chiles, the one below is a sivuli I grew, but there are lots more picante chiles....scotch bonnet for one.

sivuli6.jpg

just read through this thread

(my 1st real post)

I just read through this thread, and as a new (pepper) grower, there is a ton of misleadinghyped stuff out there. Ive heard of at least a dozen different cultivars that are claimed to be "worlds hottest". with so much misinformation out there its hard for a newbie to decide what to believe. my hope in joining this site was to get first hand info from experienced growerstasters, so i could being to form my own opinions.

anyway, this was a good thread to read through. for example, in reference to the tepin, i ordered a few different varities from ecoseeds, one of which was the tepin. along with my seeds, i got a free sample of dried tepin flakes. i havent had dried hab flakes, but the tepins (being billed as worlds hottest) were somewhat disapointing. hot, but not what i was expecting. (even though i wont be able to get any tepin pods this year, im still germing some anyway, ive heard you can overwinter them...)

-sam

Well that's a difficult question once you start peeling away the variables. Soil condition, water condition, temperature all play a factor in how hot a pepper gets. what might be blazing hot when grown in the south might not be so hot when grown in the north since there are different conditions.
The official line is the Red Savina Habanero is the hottest and that's according to Guiness. I've also heard goat peppers and the tepin were the hottest so go figure. Personally I grew a Caribbean Red habanero which blew the doors off a Red Sav that I had. Even a fudgecicle could'nt kill the heat. :twisted:

Injecting extract into the stems doesn't hurt either...Oops, did I say that? Sorry, gotta go check on the capsaicin-based homunculus that lives in my crisper... :twisted:

I'm not sure whats the hottest or even close but I've been growing orange habs last year and this year so until recently, this was the hottest pepper I've tried fresh. I've tried a whole one a couple times and it was freaking hot ... BUT... the thumbnail slice off a ripe Bhut Jolokia that my friend brought in to work was easily as hot as an entire orange hab, if not hotter. That piece I had didnt even have seeds or veins. It was absolutely unreal.

Not sure how much hotter a Red Savina can be than an Orange hab, but IMO, it would have to be so hot as to want to make me go to the hospital because thats what I think would have happened if I had the whole Bhut that I tried. I'd want to wish I was dead or in the hospital. LOL

Back