• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense NagaJolokia,Tezpur or PC-1?

stillmanz said:
Willard would have a field day with that response.
Environment can alter vegitive growth dramatically...I agree most chinensis are pretty obvious to pic but it's not always so cut and dry.
I'm not claiming to know EVERYTHING or even 1%, but I do share the little I know. ;)

Last year I grew the PC-1 Thinking it was the Naga Jolokia. I think I bought them from Reiemer seeds, needless to say I was disappointed.
Here is a picture of them, they are a pretty much useless pepper.
111.jpg

That was about it they look nice, but I had so many peppers you couldn't eat. They had you real taste, no heat, and were all seed.

They look like a million other types don't they. the pods that billyboy let us taste were shorter but just full of seeds and after a million much hotter things that day I got very little distictive taste.
look I think that what is marketed as pc1 is annum or frutescens its been proven but Billyboy got his seeds from Tony at Naga seeds he bought them as tezpur he was told they were chinensis so I am gonna wait and see what BBs plant gives up node wise.
tezpur or whatever it may be chinensis.

stillmanz said:
They look like a million other types don't they. the pods that billyboy let us taste were shorter but just full of seeds and after a million much hotter things that day I got very little distictive taste.
look I think that what is marketed as pc1 is annum or frutescens its been proven but Billyboy got his seeds from Tony at Naga seeds he bought them as tezpur he was told they were chinensis so I am gonna wait and see what BBs plant gives up node wise.
tezpur or whatever it may be chinensis.
That's the thing, when people first referred to it as "Naga Jolokia", they thought it's the Chinense type (and it's not).
I don't know, maybe billyboy here has a weird undiscovered Chinense version... who knows?

Omri said:
That's the thing, when people first referred to it as "Naga Jolokia", they thought it's the Chinense type (and it's not).
I don't know, maybe billyboy here has a weird undiscovered Chinense version... who knows?

After seeing billyboys place first hand a few days ago & his setup & plants it wouldn't surprise me. The man has green thumbs, fingers, elbows & toenails. And a very knowledgeable gardener thrown in.

He could also discern a taste difference between a hydro naga morich pod & a dirt grown one whereas both to me were like being hit in the forehead by the same cricket bat.

I grew them last season & no they are not HOT, BUT they're not a worthless chile either! do you consider a cayenne or a thai chile worthless ? the pc-1/naga jolokia is about as hot as a cayenne & the pod is like some thais with it being thin fleshed & packed full with seeds.

but if you're looking to grow a chile that drops you to the floor once eating the pod, then no this is not a chile you'd want to grow.

Back