• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense naganumbness eats the butch T scorpion

That one definitely dished out some pain and you handled it well as always, good job.

I can't wait to grow and try this one next year. :mouthonfire:

Excellent video and great information. I was wondering if the Butch T. kills the stomach as bad as the Doughlah does. I think the lens cracked from the fire you must have breathed on it.

thanks for watching silver surfer. yeah that was worse than the killer douglahs you sent me. winter will be a nice break from the inferno for a while. next year will be more scropions yellow bhuts , cappys douglah and cappys brainstrain as well as lots of butch ts. thanks chileaddict! surprisingly it wasn't as bad on the stomac as the regular scorpion. it was the same on throat domination though.

thanks for watching pappy! this one about did me in! i don't know how i'll survive next season. my plate will be overloaded and neil said the other day that he's got a bunch of new scorpions for his fresh season and 7 new 7pods! god help us all!

Awesome video. That's a scary pepper for sure, but you handled it like a champ. I checked out your youtube channel and it's an impressive list. Ever try the CPI Bhut Jolokia?

thanks for watching zanderspice! never had the cpi bhut. so far i've done the one from NMSU , the indian carbon , the black naga and the chocolate bhut today. i think the chocolate is my favorite so far. i'm growing the yellow bhut next season. i still got a big 'ol red bhut sitting here to test but the chocolate is burning my guts right now so i'll do the red one in a couple of days. take care.

CPI is the same as NMSU. I asked because the ones I'm harvesting now may be the most heat per pepper I've ever seen. Part of that is because they are so big vs. a scorpion, but they're also super pungent. That is a crazy list of chilies, I don't know how you can handle it.

I've never heard it called cpi before. i grew only those last year and they are hotter than any other bhut i've had this year. i'll grow them again next season. there is a guy on melbourne florida who has the strain. i couldn't get all these awsome strains lastyear so i just grew NMSU bhut. it did some damage. that video on youtube dave eats a bhut jolokia is my only victim from last year. after people saw him they wouldn't let me film them. nmsu bhut is a definate for next season. i got chocolate bhut test done but it's taking forever to upload it.

kinda gets confusing with nmsu and cpi, but i kinda got it when i was surfing around.

cpi - chili pepper institute

was trying to obtain seeds from them before and found that they were both the same place. lol. wouldn't ship to my country unless i was willing to spill for a phytosanitary permit, which was insanely expensive and not really a requirement.

Awesome job naga!! You can really handle them peppers well!! Keep the videos coming, because I like watching them.

Charles

thanks for watching charles. i did chocolate bhut now i just have to get it uploaded. then i got dorset naga to do , red bhut , regular scorpion , red 7pod , naga morich and judy sent me the brown 7pod (not douglah) these are smooth , no spikes and huge! that will pretty much rap it up till next season. i might do one of my yellow 7s to see if they are different than buddys and judys. winter sucks!

Great job on handling the Butch T scorpion Naganumbness. That is one hot chile pepper!

Just curious, but how was the endorphin rush on that one and how long did it take for it to kick in, if it indeed even still happens for you now?

Gotta give kudos to you for your effort on that one.

Cheers,

Doug
dvg

thanks doug! it's funny , for as painful as the butch t is the endorphin rush is fairly mild compared to the nagas and 7pods. butch t and regular scorp feels more like actual physical pain concentrated on the throat as apposed to a burn. it just hurts. the douglah is an all over burn. the scorps is like stabbing pain. thanks for watching

Back