• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce NagaSav Sauce by TheHippySeedCo

coyotemoon722 said:
Hey Quad can you tell me how hot that stuff is? You took a whole shot! If you can compare it to a popular brand in terms of heat, that'll help. I'm just really curious. My guess is between 500-900k SU cuz of the nagas. Thanks!

Well, I'm not really sure.

There's a good deal of upfront heat, but the naga burn that kicks in after about 1-2min is what gets ya...it don't give up.

Since he put Bih Jolokia in..well, that's VERY hot..but as was said before there's 2.5% Naga (bih and morich), and 2.5% Red Savina for a total of 5%.

I don't really buy sauce all that much...I would say it's comparable to Mark's Snakebite PR, but totally different flavor.

It's a very nicely balanced sauce IMO..hot enough to get your attention for sure...but the flavor is King. Love the nice ground bits of black pepper too since it's a BBQ type sauce.

Neil did say the next batch would likely be stuffed with Nagas though. Woot!

-QS

QuadShotz said:
Well, I'm not really sure.

There's a good deal of upfront heat, but the naga burn that kicks in after about 1-2min is what gets ya...it don't give up.

Since he put Bih Jolokia in..well, that's VERY hot..but as was said before there's 2.5% Naga (bih and morich), and 2.5% Red Savina for a total of 5%.

I don't really buy sauce all that much...I would say it's comparable to Mark's Snakebite PR, but totally different flavor.

It's a very nicely balanced sauce IMO..hot enough to get your attention for sure...but the flavor is King. Love the nice ground bits of black pepper too since it's a BBQ type sauce.

Neil did say the next batch would likely be stuffed with Nagas though. Woot!

-QS

It is a very good sauce and like you said in one of your earlier posts it would go very good on Pork. I'm actually thinking considering making some type of pulled pork sandwiches with it this weekend. Also, Stillmanz I'm not trying to dis the sauce at all. It's really good I'm just a heat freak and I can't change that. I believe in giving honest opinions. Also, I only took a tablespoon full. If it was smothered all over some food I may have a different response. Kind of like I don't think some other sauces are superhot, but when I put it all over my food like it's meant to be put on it's a whole other ball game. That's when it sneaks up on ya really good.;) Also, yes the subtle flavors are very unique and I rather enjoyed them.

yea, could be hotter but then won't be the same,, i made a batch double the heat before and it was just wrong, i like to enjoy my food rather than taking a bite then the mouth goes off to never never land, but also like a good heat, rather than i 1 go and the heat dissipates, with this on food it builds as ya go.. But yea i will make a batch with more in and see how that goes :)

glad ya's like it..

:)

stillmanz said:
Rabbit I didn't mean anything directed towards you, might have read a bit augumentitive sorry dude.

Nah, no sweat bro. We're cool over here. I'm not that sensitive. Just wanted to make sure we're on the same page.;) All is well over here my friend.:cool:

Yeah cool, I guess I was just wondering how hot it was since you took a shot. Sounds like a great sauce. I don't mean to come off as a noob hot-head lol, I know it probably seems that way. I like good taste as much as the next guy. Great tangy taste with a nice slow burn is always good. Cool vids too :)

theHippySeedCo said:
yea, could be hotter but then won't be the same,, i made a batch double the heat before and it was just wrong, i like to enjoy my food rather than taking a bite then the mouth goes off to never never land, but also like a good heat, rather than i 1 go and the heat dissipates, with this on food it builds as ya go.. But yea i will make a batch with more in and see how that goes :)

glad ya's like it..

:)

I sure did like it. I do like different sauces for different occasions as well. Oddly, there are actually VERY rare times that I don't even like hot at all:shocked::lol:. I NEVER mix peppers with morels or some other type of exotic mushrooms that I picked. I actually like the idea where you're thinking of a slow build of heat. I'm going to try quite a bit of it on my food pork sandwiches this weekend. It could be rather interesting. There are times that I just look for the adrenaline rush as well. That's what I usually look for in my hot wings. I love never never land then where I circle the moon a few times. However, if it's got that nasty extract taste....BLAH! I think that's why I honestly love the superhot peppers. They are a great way of acheiving that. Seems like the really hot ones are always pretty fruity too. I've got a great idea for a superhot sauce I want to make in the future if you want to try it. I know with your pepper tests you'll probably like it.

Hey, you guys. I just thought of an interesting idea with this stuff. I'm thinking of making a pizza with it and leaving out the pizza sauce. This will be my pizza sauce:hell:. Then I'll sprinkle cheese, chicken, onions, mushrooms (Regular store bought buttoncaps)and maybe some bacon on it. I'll let you know how it turns out. It was a spontanious thought and it sounded pretty good to me.

Update:

Just out of curiosity I took a shot of the stuff. WOW is that good! It creeps up on you and you can feel it. However, it's not too overpowering. Awesome taste. I think I just didn't take enough the first time. Great sauce THC! This will be a good sauce to use in large amounts to add the flavor and heat. Alot of flavor actually.

Just ate a 1/3 lb sirloin burger cooked with the NagaSav+chipotle powder+garlic pepper.

The fixings consisted of: grilled onions, double cheese, shredded Romaine Hearts, homemade tartar sauce (mayo/dry dill/onion+garlic+jalapeno+mustard powder, and diced dill pickles) and a dousing of extra sauce for the burger of 1:1 NagaSav and ElYucateco Aztec XXXhot Hab sauce. On whole wheat toasted buns from Wheat Montana.

Frellin' awesome!

I shoulda taken pics but the burger lasted about 2 minutes...The burn lasted longer though. :lol:

QuadShotz said:
Just ate a 1/3 lb sirloin burger cooked with the NagaSav+chipotle powder+garlic pepper.

The fixings consisted of: grilled onions, double cheese, shredded Romaine Hearts, homemade tartar sauce (mayo/dry dill/onion+garlic+jalapeno+mustard powder, and diced dill pickles) and a dousing of extra sauce for the burger of 1:1 NagaSav and ElYucateco Aztec XXXhot Hab sauce. On whole wheat toasted buns from Wheat Montana.

Frellin' awesome!

I shoulda taken pics but the burger lasted about 2 minutes...The burn lasted longer though. :lol:
That's not right. You just make me hungry!:lol:

the NagaSav doesn't seem to burn ya arse a lot next morn which is a bonus

Geez the DM MKII, think i burnt a new Hole this Morn,,, Holy Crapppp its hottttt

theHippySeedCo said:
i love the Pizza Idea, Yesssssss,, and topped with a Fatali or 2,,

and that burger ,, Yummmmmmmmmmmm now im droooling
I'll take pics of it when I create it sometime this weekend;). Also, maybe a dash of hab powder on top might do the touch. I have a feeling I'll be enjoying my tasty endorphin rush!!:D I'd use fatalli's too, but I've gotta wait till I get some...lol!!

theHippySeedCo said:
the NagaSav doesn't seem to burn ya arse a lot next morn which is a bonus

Geez the DM MKII, think i burnt a new Hole this Morn,,, Holy Crapppp its hottttt

Not with that sauce, but have been there done that far to many times. What's really bad is when it hits you when your driving..............You're just thinking.....SH@T I've gotta find a toilet NOW!!!! Then of course it's a horrible feeling after that. Then it goes away and you eat more hot food later:shocked::lol: I don't usually overdo it like that, but it's happened a few times:lol:

it sucks arse that no 1 here eats hot stuff. although the wife finnaly buckled under the chilli pressure and is now on the Sweet chilli sauce so thats a start

theHippySeedCo said:
it sucks arse that no 1 here eats hot stuff. although the wife finnaly buckled under the chilli pressure and is now on the Sweet chilli sauce so thats a start

Hey, THC I just made that pizza I was talking about with your sauce as the pizza sauce....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll post pics in a minute.

My NagaSav Pizza:

Thank you THC. Here's the pics of the pizza I made. I picked up some pizza dough, mixed it with water and a tad of extra virgin olive oil. Made a ball and let that sit for about 20 minutes. I also pre-cooked the chicken. When the doe was ready I smothered your NagaSav sauce all over it instead of using pizza sauce. Then I covered it with mozzarella cheese. Followed by onions, shiitake mushrooms, chicken, terryaki sauce, and pickled pepperocinis. I sprinkled just a tad more cheese on top and through it in the oven. It was a great combination of sweet and spicy. Definitely a tasty different way of cooking a pizza. Just thought I'd share it with ya. Very tasty stuff. I actually ate almost the whole pizza. I feel like a pig now:lol:.
06-30-08_1828.jpg

06-30-08_1836.jpg

06-30-08_1908.jpg

Back